Which Mobo to choose??!

Guyz....I am building a new system primarily for gaming. I m gonna buy the i5 750 and ati hd 5xxx series. But problem arises while selecting a mobo. In my country, the availability of p55 series mobo is a disturbing issue. May be u guyz wont believe me when i'll say dat the available mobos are:

Intel p55wb
Gigabyte h55-ms2h
p55-usb3
Asus p7p55d

I wz initially planning for crossfire. But i dont think these mobos will b gud for CF. Can u guyz suggest me which mobo to choose given i dont care much about usb3 n i will use single gpu. I was also wondering if these mobo can bottleneck my cpu or gpu. and can any1 give me a brief idea of usb3 technology and its benefit? Do these mobo support ddr2 pcie? How gud are they for overclocking? thanks a lot guyz..... :)
3 answers Last reply
More about which mobo choose
  1. Well, the Intel P55WB only has one PCI-e slot, the H55-MS2H and P7P55D and P55-USB3 have two PCI-e lanes but the second one only runs at 4x, which will be a major bottleneck to a decent HD 5750 or more powerful CFX setup. So, I'd just go for the USB 3.0 board because it's the most future-proofed. No motherboards that you have selected support DDR2 - Intel dropped DDR2 support with LGA 775. The max transfer rate of USB 3.0 = 5Gbps, which is 625MB/s, which allows quick transfer for devices which can use the bandwidth.
  2. Lmeow said:
    Well, the Intel P55WB only has one PCI-e slot, the H55-MS2H and P7P55D and P55-USB3 have two PCI-e lanes but the second one only runs at 4x, which will be a major bottleneck to a decent HD 5750 or more powerful CFX setup. So, I'd just go for the USB 3.0 board because it's the most future-proofed. No motherboards that you have selected support DDR2 - Intel dropped DDR2 support with LGA 775. The max transfer rate of USB 3.0 = 5Gbps, which is 625MB/s, which allows quick transfer for devices which can use the bandwidth.

I know P55 series Mobos Dont support DDR2 ram, but do they support
    DDR2 PCI exprss like Nvidia 9500 GT??
  3. Here we go again...
    GPU RAM has nothin' to do with system RAM.
    You can plug any PCIe GPU to those mobos.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems