Nvidia issues running battlefield bad company 2

Yes. I am actually running off an 8800GTX right now until my 5870 is fixed, i get flickers, artifacts, or the screen goes white and crashes. I have a buddy with a GTX260 that has similar issues. Ironically the one has a 8800GT and it is fine.

My 5870 only had artifact issues, but never crashed. It failed a diagnostics test with errors, but never actually had issues. I've heard several people mention issues with nvidia cards and BC2. I know turning up the fans helped me a bit, and keeps the card at 70C rather than 80C.

Hopefully there is some sort of patch for this.

pnico

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
jay, im running dual 5970 and i get screen flickering with and without ati overdrive enables.. im not even overclocking.im just trying to turn up my fans 100%..

i noticed only battlefield seems to have this problem..bioshock 2, metro 2033, just cause..etc seem to run fine..i was thinking all this time it was my card, but it may just be the game has issues..

also jay might you know why i would get a performance hit when running cfx witn 5970 with 10.3 intstalled?

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
Pnico- is there a crossfire profile for BC2 yet? If not, I'm guessing its probably just a quadfire related issue with that particular title. Try running it with a single card rather than both and see what happens.

pnico

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
im not sure if there is a profile..but with cfx..the game runs horribly..
then again is it true that cfx and eyefinity dont run well because i was under the impression that 10.2 and higher support eyeinity and cfx

pat_tical

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
I'm running dual 8800 GT XFX XXX's in SLI without issue. I remember the BETA had flickering issues as well as black holes, but that all seems to be fixed. The only crashing I've experienced is with punk buster and java (happens occasionally); the most recent Java updated fixed the issue.

Also, I had to bring the my X2 4200+ back down to stock speeds as BFBC2 would freak out on maps with 32 players. Otherwise, golden at low settings (my CPU/bus are definitely bottlenecks).

i can say for sure that crossfire works with BC2 (2 x 4870), though i also get flickering, though just changing the MSAA fixes the problem

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Apologize for us ATI guys hijacking your thread - but also get this flickering during gaming. Sort of like watching a tv/monitor in an old movie - lines rolling across the screen. 5850's in Crossfire. Does look like a bad profile. Im thinking the same is true for NV.

So maybe the answer is many of the SLI/Crossfire crowd are seeing weird graphic issues with BFBC2. Not just ATI or NVidia.

well i can definitely say that i have that flickering problem with crossfire as well (pretty much every time it loads a map), seems to happen more with 8xMSAA compared to 1,2,4x MSAA

BroHamBone

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Whew, i am glad i found this thread!

I thought i was having graphics/psu failure or something!! I have two GTX 280's SLI'd and i myself get the screen flickering as well as crash's during and right after the round is won.

I have everything set on high w/ HBAO on. If i can remember correctly, it may have happened before i SLI'd the cards..... It is probably a driver issue, i am hoping! We will see what happens. Anyone else find more research on this matter or try to contact EA forums about this?

tuesday0180

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009

Hey I'm wondering why you're running at medium settings instead of high settings. My system is slower than yours and I run it high settings and the game runes fine.

Phenom II x4 955, gtx 260 216core 4gigs ram.

gopherkiler9

Reputable
Feb 17, 2015
I'd like to resurrect this thread because I am having a similar issue yet the internet hasn't been able to solve my problem.

My system used to be
AMD anthlon ii x4 something
AMD radeon 5750hd (i think)
4gb ram

And I was able to run bad company 2 without any issues

Much later down the road (now) I've upgraded to a
AMD phenom ii x4 965 black edition
NVIDIA geforce gtx 750 ti
8gb ram
But now I'm getting the sudden game freeze + Sound loop (EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE) until I ctrl alt delete/ task manager/ end process on the game. However, after this happens, if I were to go online and read forums or anything, my graphics are glitchy and it omits letters or sometimes never loads the page texts. This forces me to restart my computer and everything is peachy. Before I restart, if I were to open BFBC2 again, it won't get past the opening video without white screen crashing with a record scratch snap sound.

People say to
- disable onboard audio... did that and it didn't solve it
- verify game cache.... Mine is from origin, not steam, so I'm unsure of this applying
- end process punkbuster B in game... did that, it might work for a bit? but it loads up again and I still crash, so I'm not sure if it has any affect
- load game from C drive, NOT shortcut... didn't help
- make sure punkbuster is fully updated.... did that and it MIGHT have helped. However, midgame I'll get the flashing graphics that makes it seem like its about to crash, but it didn't. However, I'll get graphics dropping where all I see is my crosshairs, map, ammo, etc but NO gun, field, enemy... nothing. Just a black screen with the general player overlay (only no player). The graphics will drop long enough for me to die (about 5 seconds) before they come back. I've lowered graphics from high to medium, and that doesn't solve it, so I'm assuming its not an overheating issue. Especially since my system isn't dusty, has solid air circulation, and everything in there is new except mobo and powersupply.

I've done my research and I just can't seem to find any forum that has any sort of legitimate answer. It seems that the audio disabling solves it for most people, but not me. I ONLY have this problem with BC2. Otherwise I can run anything else I've ever tried.

I'm sorry that this is a 5 year old thread, but the problem still exists and I figured I'd put this problem here instead of creating a new thread with the same issues.

Does anyone have any speculations?

skasmir

Reputable
Mar 11, 2015

Absolutely what happened to me. I had to downgrade the driver for my older gtx480 but don't know what to do about the gtx980.

you can get better respond if you make your own thread.

probably better issue your problem to nvidia directly at their forum. already did?