Sign in with
Your question

USB, HDMI, are not working. Motherboard?

Last response: in Motherboards
January 16, 2011 9:39:02 PM

Hello,

Today when I moved back to college I brought my computer and now when I have set it up and go to turn it on all the fans and leds turn on and the fan for the video card and cpu fan all turn on, except that I don't get any signal from my hdmi and when plugging in a mouse or keyboard to the USB ports they do not receive any power.

I was carrying my PC out to the car in a laundry basket surrounded by pillows and almost dropped it when opening the door but I caught it and let it hit the ground smoothly. The PC rotated in the laundry basket but seemed OK because there was not much impact at all.

So far I have re-seated my video card, unplugged various wires and checked connections, removed cmos batter for a short time and I can't figure out what is wrong?

Is my motherboard ruined?

Please help and thanks,

Kirk
a c 217 V Motherboard
January 16, 2011 10:28:19 PM

Make sure your PSU connections are securely fastened to your motherboard. Remove them, then re-insert until they click into place. Good luck!
m
l
January 17, 2011 12:32:51 AM

Fixed it!

Hey guys happy to say that I fixed it. Sad to say that I now hate large CPU fans.

My CPU fan is so big that somehow since the thermal paste made a suction to the CPU fan when originally installed that the weight and gravity of the fan pulled my CPU out of its seating. I took off the fan and there was my CPU stuck to it with 5 bent PINS!

I straightened the pins and put it back in and the fan back on and after much struggle of putting the GIANT CPU FAN back on ... IT WORKS!!!

It took like 30 seconds and BAM it was on my screen. ALL IS WELL

Thanks,

Shockem
m
l
a c 217 V Motherboard
January 17, 2011 5:30:42 PM

Good for you. Been there, done that! Have fun!
m
l
Related resources
!