Sign in with
Your question

Blue Screen after goes flash + Blank Screen

Last response: in Systems
May 3, 2010 9:41:42 AM

Issue again :( 

My system crashed more than 5 times during last two days, since it has been built.

It goes like this: the screen eventually goes flash or blank then the deadly blue screen appears.
The error messages I get from the blue screen (which I can remember) are Memory Management, and fault on page nonpage memory.
So I guess there could be an issue which my memory. I didn't change any setting in BIOS.

Also, sometimes, the screen just goes off, then come back in seconds, as if the cable was disconnected. Sometimes (once or twice, it just led to the blue screen). So
I therefore guess if there is an issue which my graphic card.

There is no pattern on this and could happen fairly random. The mini dump files don't tell much.

The relevant specification are:
ASUS P6X58D Premium
Corsair XMS3 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel (TR3X6G1600C8)
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

FYI, There is an issue I had previously, don't know if it is correlated to this one.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareuk.inc&cat=13&post=285474

Anyone could help on this?
May 3, 2010 10:02:28 AM

One more thing to add on: have run Windows Memory Diagnostic AND there is a hardware fault but it didn't say which.
May 3, 2010 11:41:16 AM

It happened again just now, which I just try to install a plugin. After restart, the installation succeed.

The error message on the blue screen only stayed for second, only thing I can remember was ntfs.sys
Related resources
May 4, 2010 2:25:45 PM

Anyone can help on this?
a b B Homebuilt system
May 4, 2010 4:21:36 PM

These types of problems are almost always RAM related. Your RAM is rated at 1600MHz with 8-8-8-24 timings at 1.65v. You should manually set all those values in the BIOS and then perform an overnight Memtest86+ test to check for RAM errors. You also need to check in the motherboard owners manual and ensure you're using the correct RAM slots for your motherboard.

To run Memtest86+ you need to go to www.memtest.org and download the ISO image. You then burn the image to a CD and boot the computer from the CD. The RAM test will start by itself. You should let it run overnight to fully test the RAM. Memtest86+ is good at detecting faulty RAM, but not great at detecting incorrect RAM settings in the BIOS. You should manually set the RAM values in the BIOS before running Memtest86+.
!