Is it safe to order from TigerDirect?

drhydralisk

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
I have ordered from Newegg many times, extremely satisfied. I have heard of TigerDirect before (I like watching there YouTube channel), but have never ordered from them. I am about to order about $1500 in new parts to build my first PC, and I saw that TigerDirect does not have tax (I live in CA, so I understand why Newegg has to)! But I know for a fact Newegg has the best RMA, so if anything is DOA or something, Newegg will take care of it. So I wanted to know how good is T.D. about products DOA and how fast is there shipping (Newegg, always 3 days, always).

Tiger Direct is pretty good. I haven't had to use their RMA process, but I haven't had to send anything back to them. I haven't noticed any shipping differences.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Tiger Direct is a good retailer, it's just not used as much as Newegg because Newegg usually has better prices (excluding tax differences).

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Honestly dude, I've used both. And like tigerdirect MUCH better. I once had a board go bad a few days outside the 30 day return period, they sent me a better model for nothing. With newegg, I've heard of restock fees on doa products, but with tiger, so far my experience has been nothing but positive, and I've heard from others who've used them that said they are good to deal with.

barnago

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
One nice thing about tigerdirect is if you use microsoft's bing cashback program you can get a pretty huge discount on any orders from them- 12.3 percent, which would be hefty on a $1500 order. I'm about to buy an XFX 5850 that will end up being $276 after the cashback check.

ammhardware

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
Yes, I would definitely trust TigerDirect. I haven't heard anything bad about them, the only reason I am not personally ordering from them for my build is that they don't have what I want. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them, though!

jbakerlent

Distinguished
Because I also live in California, I sometimes order parts from tiger and have not run in to any problems with their products, delivery, or service. You should not worry about ordering from them, especially if they offer a better price on your parts :)