Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to clean the air filter in my case?

Last response: in Components
July 10, 2010 6:54:53 PM

I bought my case about a year ago and it was the Raidmax "Hurricane". It came with 3 fans already in there. Now theres a bottom fan(not literally the bottom side of the case) but the fan is located on the bottom of the front face of the case.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Here's a picture of the same case I got. From the picture you can see the blue led lighting in the front of the case and it has an air filter in front of it.Just like mine when I got it brand new, but I don't know how to open it. I checked the manufacturer but it doesn't seem it can open. Only the two side panels are able to open. I tried looking at the case everywhere but no luck. I notice some weak airflow now from the front and not able to see the light anymore.So it seems dust have finally dominated the air filter. Plus not being able to open the front side, means I couldn't even get the fan located behind the air-filter. The end the the screws(pointy side) were facing the inside. So the top side of the screws were somewhere I couldn't access to screw them out to get the fan. How would I be able to clean it? Yes I know there are air cans, tried it but it seems dust don't accumlate on the front side of the panel. It seems to go into the front side(not even reaching my mobo or other cpu parts) and stays there. So thats why I need to open the front side of the case.

More about : clean air filter case

Best solution

July 10, 2010 7:04:03 PM

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/raidmax_hurrica...

''The front panel is held on by six screws and its removal reveals the break-off temporary drive covers. The 80mm intake fan is Raidmax branded, runs at 12V, uses a Molex connection and has blue LEDs; it moves a decent amount of air while staying fairly quiet. Also, the intake has 120mm fan mounts, giving you the option to upgrade later. The front panel itself is made of plastic, but doesn't have a cheap feel to it. Raidmax included an air filter which is a welcome feature, but it is not a standard shape so it will be hard to replace''
July 10, 2010 7:04:10 PM

Thanks!! :o  Can't believe I didn't find this website..
m
l
Related resources
July 10, 2010 7:04:52 PM

Best answer selected by sh3bang.
m
l
!