Sign in with
Your question

PC WON'T WAKE UP!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 5, 2010 11:19:15 PM

Okay, ever since i built my PC, it has had this problem.
When my pc goes into [auto] sleep mode i cant wake it up. I turn on the screen and it just goes back to sleep mode. Nothing works like mouse movement or keystrokes. The only way to fix it is to force reset the computer and turn the monitor back on. I know this isn't a a monitor problem because it does the same thing on my pc. Anyone know why this happ :sweat:  :sweat:  ens?

More about : wake

a c 1401 U Graphics card
a c 103 C Monitor
April 5, 2010 11:33:29 PM

Go into power management and disable sleep mode. I have an old laptop with the same issue. I gave up looking for solution 4 years ago and disabled it.
April 5, 2010 11:54:22 PM

For some reason when I had XP, whenever my computer went into sleep mode I needed to press the power button to get it to turn back on. Windows 7 though I just had to click the mouse the wake it up. Don't know about vista though.
Related resources
April 5, 2010 11:57:38 PM

Try uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics drivers. Possibly the directx drivers too. That actually solved that exact problem for me a few years back.
April 6, 2010 12:07:35 AM

Try smelling Salts, and If that doesn't work, Either leeches or bloodletting is the way to go.
April 6, 2010 2:01:55 AM

builderbobftw said:
Try smelling Salts, and If that doesn't work, Either leeches or bloodletting is the way to go.

+1 to bob :D . I especially agree with bloodletting.
!