NVidia and SyncMaster Monitor Problem

Fiztandantibus

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if I am posting this in what is most likely the wrong section. Nonetheless I seem to have a problem with my Samsung SyncMaster 2232BW and nVidia card. The colour calibration is all jumbled up and colours are relatively off especially if i am to use photoshop. Does anyone know if its because of my card or just the monitor here is my system:

CPU: Core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
Graphics Card: eVGA 8800GTS 640MB.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit - English

If anyone has any suggestions as to what can be done please feel free to write. I have tried the Samsung colour calibration software MagicTune with little success.

Thank you for your time

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
On the Nvidia control panel under display options there should be options to use the application or Nvidia's settings, try toggling with Nvidia's if that doesn't work see if PhotoShop has similar options.

Fiztandantibus

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
I believe I have discovered the source of the problem by chance. It was to do with the colour management profiles that Windows Update automatically installed for the monitor. All I had to do was to remove the one it had installed and select sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and things seem to display their natural colours again :)

Thanks for your help nonetheless.