Overheating issues with your new GTX4xx?

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I know for a fact that SLI these two 480's RIGHT NEXT to each other is a bad idea, especially if you are all for air cooling, so does this actually affect your heat/preformance/chassis?

I would not know bec I am using a very "cool" GPU literally...Im just interested in the feedback as I would have bought a 470...

Solution
In all the reviews, both cards use alot of power and produces alot of heat. If someone has a good case with decent air flow, a powerful psu and done mind over paying for a little performance gain over the competition, these cards are for them.

Someone with an antec 1200 with a 1200 watt psu wouldn't care as much compared to a person with an antec 300 and a 550watt psu.

We will have to wait and see what happens after a month of the cards release ( on shelves. )

soundefx

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
In all the reviews, both cards use alot of power and produces alot of heat. If someone has a good case with decent air flow, a powerful psu and done mind over paying for a little performance gain over the competition, these cards are for them.

Someone with an antec 1200 with a 1200 watt psu wouldn't care as much compared to a person with an antec 300 and a 550watt psu.

We will have to wait and see what happens after a month of the cards release ( on shelves. )

Solution