So this is what I ordered!

AMD Phenom II X4 955
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3.0
Samsung Spinpoint F3
Corsair Dominator 4GB(2x2GB) 1600
Corsair TX650
Scythe S-FLEX SFF21E 120mm Case Fan (QTY 5)
Tuniq Tower 120
ASUS VW224U Black 22"
LG DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model GH24NS50 - OEM
NZXT Beta EVO

I had originally ordered some G.Skill memory, but read up and found out that it wasn't too friendly with that particular Asus Mobo. So I bit the bullet and got the Dominator sticks.

What do you think? I know there isn't a GPU(other than onboard), I don't really game, and if I choose to, I will add a card later, just wanted to get this system up and running.
6 answers Last reply
More about ordered
  1. Looks like a nice well-balanced build.
  2. Thanks, I'm hoping it does everything I need it do -- and will last me atleast a couple of years. One thing I think is most important is protecting your vital components, so I'm hoping the array of cooling will help out significantly.
  3. Would it be worth it to upgrade to an add-on Radeon if I have no interest in gaming? Will I see any benefit elsewhere?
  4. Quote:
    Looks great, though i would've got the Gamma case instead as it looks better IMO, Good luck!

True, I'm more of a function over form type of guy. Plus, I was trying to rack up as many mail in rebate's and free shipping offers as possible. :bounce:
  5. Quote:
    Its only 6 bucks more LOL.. At least you get a free LED fan :D

Not to sound like a frugal idiot, but 6 bucks is 6 bucks lol. And it looks fine IMO, and that's the opinion that matters haha :lol:
  6. Touche. I have many many many hobbies, expensive ones at that. Pennies add up man.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Asus Systems