Solved

I would like to Clean my Rig/Computer

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Computer
  • Components
Last response: in Components
July 11, 2010 7:37:20 AM

But i do not have those Compressed Air cans or those Portable Vacuum cleaners would anyone here have any other suggestions?

Also what part should i clean the most?

More about : clean rig computer

a b ) Power supply
July 11, 2010 7:47:34 AM

Is this a laptop or desktop? If this is a desktop then you just need to clean out the fans and heatsinks if dust has accumulated in them really. As for laptops, I can't really help you much more here.
m
l
July 11, 2010 7:48:27 AM

Lmeow said:
Is this a laptop or desktop? If this is a desktop then you just need to clean out the fans and heatsinks if dust has accumulated in them really. As for laptops, I can't really help you much more here.

Its a Desktop
m
l
Related resources
a c 104 ) Power supply
July 11, 2010 7:56:11 AM

You can use a household Vacuum cleaner with a nozzle, just be very careful not to knock things :p 
Cotton buds/ Q-tips are useful for niggly tight bits
Blow on bits, you can create quite a draft using your own lungs you know :) 
And the part you should clean most? The dirtiest bits imo.
Moto
m
l
a c 97 ) Power supply
July 11, 2010 1:48:43 PM

The "Dust-off" type of spray can works the best. Other methods wll only serve to damage the components. And yes, you must clean the insides of a desktop computer at least once a year - more often if it is floor mounted.

Where does one clean the most? Everywhere! I had so much lint inside 2 old desktops that I took them to the garage to clean them off. Don't try this cleaning in your bedroom.
m
l
July 11, 2010 3:20:02 PM

-_-Help-_- said:
But i do not have those Compressed Air cans or those Portable Vacuum cleaners would anyone here have any other suggestions?

Also what part should i clean the most?

You know what's just as effective as a can of compressed air, but waaaay cheaper?
A straw.

I find the PSU gets the most clogged with dust. Take off the fan guard, turn the PSU upside down, carefully poke a straw in and "burst-fire" blow untill all the crap stops coming out. Cover your eyes while doing it. For all other components like fanblades and heatsinks I use a 1 inch paintbrush.
m
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
July 11, 2010 3:35:07 PM

ALso if using a vacuum cleaner -Be aware that they can cause quite a build up of static electricity so be careful when touching components so you do not fry something with a discharge !! -- The cans of compressed air are cheap enough that it really is the best\safest way to go ! (Also as suggested if it has been awhile take the case outside when doing this as there will be alot of dust !!)
July 19, 2010 4:35:50 AM

Best answer selected by -_-Help-_-.
m
l
Related resources
!