XPP machine reboots when it hits MUP.SYS

Hi all,

My machine started rebooting when ever it hits the mup.sys
file no matter what option I choose in the boot menu, normal
safe, safe with networking, or safe with command prompt.
XP Pro.
Any ideas?

thanks,
charles......

"***** charles" <shultzjrX@joimail.com> wrote:

>My machine started rebooting when ever it hits the mup.sys
>file no matter what option I choose in the boot menu, normal
>safe, safe with networking, or safe with command prompt.
>XP Pro.

If you have a boot disk, you can try starting System Restore from
here:
"How to Start System Restore Tool From a Command Prompt in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304449)
"How to Use System Files to Create a Boot Disk to Guard Against Being
Unable to Start Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314079)
Else, reinstall Windows as described here: "How to Perform an In-Place
Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315341).

--
(tm)