Help Identifying Beep Code

jumpnmove

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
Recently bought and assembled a new system and for the first day it posted with no problems. Initially I couldn't get the lan card to work right. Turns out my cable was lying - said it was a cat5e but really was just a cat5 which doesnt work with my mobo's "fast ethernet" port. That was after a day of unistalling and reinstalling windows 7 and all the drivers.

After that it still posted fine, then i couldnt get BF: Bad Company 2 to run without BSOD on start up. One fix I saw said Catalyst Control Center was the problem. So I uninstalled it and installed only the driver for the video card. Now I get an odd beep code when posting.

Here is a recording of the beep code

I can't quite figure out. Sounds like a two really short beeps together then another two really short beeps, then a final beep. My best initial guess was 1 long and 2 short because it posts and boots. Which would mean thats either bad memory or a possible video card problem.

CPU: i5-2500K
Mobo: MSI P67A-C45
RAM: OCZ OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 2x2Gb
GPU: HD 6870

Haven't overclocked it yet.

Bad Company 2 now works and no BSOD. Guild Wars works. And Starcraft 2 works.

Used the mobo utility tool to test the memory and it passed. Should use another tool and test it more extensively or is it my GPU?

Thanks.

chaotic

Distinguished
May 24, 2008
I commented on another post regarding mobo beeps and I get the SAME sequence (the audio file was a nice addition).

Seems noone knows. And yes... I googled the crap out of it and found nothing. I have the MSI p67A-GD55... same manufacturer, different board, same sound. Is it supposed to sound like that? Time to call support!