• New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
May 4, 2010 5:15:23 AM

ok guys! tell me what you think bout this..my first time building one

CPU: Intel i7 930
MOBO: Asus Rampage ii Gene x58 chipset
VIDEO CARD: Sapphire Vapor-X ATI Radeon HD5870 (OC Edition)
SOUND CARD:Creative Sound Blaster Fatality Champion Series
MEM: 6G RAM (Patriot Viper Series DDR3 PC3-10666 1333MHz)
PSU: Corsair 650W ATX or OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
HARD DRIVE: Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB SATA3 7200RPM 64MB Cache
CASE: LIAN-LI Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower or Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower

More about : built

May 4, 2010 5:27:42 AM

See the form in my signature for more help, but for now I would say you could drop the sound card and change the HDD to a Spinpoint F3 or 7200.12. My preferences are for the Corsair 650TX and the Antec 902. Also, I would personally swap out the motherboard.
m
l
May 4, 2010 12:32:44 PM

1. The onboard/bundled sound card is more than enough these days. You don't have to buy one.
2. I think you can get G.Skill DDr3 1600 CL7 with that price.
3. You might want to have 750W from Corsair PSU for future X-Fire and some free room.
4. Samsung F3 HDD is faster, you might want to consider that also.
5. Casing? Just pick the one you like. It is just a matter of taste.
6. You can drop the proc a little to i7 920.
7. As always...don't forget to buy an x64 OS if you don't have one!
8. I assume you have the rest (keyboard, monitor, mouse, etc.)
9. No comment on the mobo, ASUS and Gigabyte are my favorite brands.
m
l
Related resources
May 4, 2010 2:12:08 PM

guanyu210379 said:
1. The onboard/bundled sound card is more than enough these days. You don't have to buy one.
2. I think you can get G.Skill DDr3 1600 CL7 with that price.
3. You might want to have 750W from Corsair PSU for future X-Fire and some free room.
4. Samsung F3 HDD is faster, you might want to consider that also.
5. Casing? Just pick the one you like. It is just a matter of taste.
6. You can drop the proc a little to i7 920.
7. As always...don't forget to buy an x64 OS if you don't have one!
8. I assume you have the rest (keyboard, monitor, mouse, etc.)
9. No comment on the mobo, ASUS and Gigabyte are my favorite brands.

i already bought the Proc, Mobo, and Memmory...yah i was thinking not to get a sound card anymore..keyboard and mouse will be the last
thing i want to buy so i wont think about it right now..the monitor i would like the samsung LCD monitor, i forgot wich one..but its samsung LCD 24.6"
the problem with the casing, i dont know if i should get a tower or mid because some tells me to give some room and some tell me that mid is
enuf..about the PSU isnt the 750w alittle overkill?
m
l
May 4, 2010 2:30:34 PM

marvinsemilla said:
i already bought the Proc, Mobo, and Memmory...yah i was thinking not to get a sound card anymore..keyboard and mouse will be the last
thing i want to buy so i wont think about it right now..the monitor i would like the samsung LCD monitor, i forgot wich one..but its samsung LCD 24.6"
the problem with the casing, i dont know if i should get a tower or mid because some tells me to give some room and some tell me that mid is
enuf..about the PSU isnt the 750w alittle overkill?

If you don't plan on overclocking or crossfiring ever, then yea, it may be a little much.

However, from the looks of it, you plan on OC'ing and crossfiring eventually, best to prepare for later stuff than buy something now and then have to pay for something again later.
m
l
May 5, 2010 1:01:30 AM

143miah said:
If you don't plan on overclocking or crossfiring ever, then yea, it may be a little much.

However, from the looks of it, you plan on OC'ing and crossfiring eventually, best to prepare for later stuff than buy something now and then have to pay for something again later.

ah..ok..if i want to OC'd them, i need 750W...but the problem is i dont know how to OC, and i cant get what the others tell me in the forums on how to OC..i dont want to take my chances to OC these parts myself and destroy them..but maybe i can ask my friends who knows how to OC..
m
l
May 5, 2010 1:05:50 AM

marvinsemilla said:
ah..ok..if i want to OC'd them, i need 750W...but the problem is i dont know how to OC, and i cant get what the others tell me in the forums on how to OC..i dont want to take my chances to OC these parts myself and destroy them..but maybe i can ask my friends who knows how to OC..

All you do is change some settings in the BIOS. Press delete or whatever it says to enter configuration/bios when the computer is first booting up. Generally speaking you wont damage anything from the settings you change as long as you dont increase the numbers too far beyond their base setting. You can look up articles on how far other people got it for comparison. If the system is not stable or overheats it will protect itself usually and you can always go back in the BIOS and reset everything to default.
m
l
!