Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Will it good decision?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Share
July 11, 2010 11:09:31 AM

first remember i'm crazy gammer on my ps3... now i want to build home gammer pc...




actually i have build a system 3 months ago..
spes. core 2 due e7500 2.93.... ddr 2 2gb x 2 8oo mhz ram, intel dg41rq mobo, 500 gb hdd. ..
so i was going to install hd 5870 in this system.......
but now i have changed my mind...
..
..
i'm going to change my pc...you can say i'm going to upgrade my pc...
going to get...
1-Intel® Core™ i7-930 Processor 2.8.,

2-Intel® Desktop Board DX58SO....

3-Corsair Dominator-GT DDR3 3X6G-1600(2GBX3)

but then i would have to get hd 4870 or gts 250 1gb instead of hd 5870..... :-(
coz it would be out of my budget..
..
please tell me that my first system with hd 5870 is better or new system would be with hd 4870 or gts 250??
.

More about : good decision

a b à CPUs
July 11, 2010 11:50:37 AM

DX58SO heard bad things about this board
a c 102 à CPUs
July 11, 2010 11:54:51 AM

Go for an i5 or Phenom Quad and the money saved on the motherboard and CPU should pay for a decent card. If you can't get the 5870 go for a 5830 or 5850 and get a second one later (make sure you get a board that can run 2 cards at least 8X if you do this).
Related resources
a b à CPUs
July 11, 2010 11:57:02 AM

^+1, make sure it's a Phenom II quad core not the original Phenom series.
July 11, 2010 2:54:22 PM

kim_51 said:
first remember i'm crazy gammer on my ps3... now i want to build home gammer pc...




actually i have build a system 3 months ago..
spes. core 2 due e7500 2.93.... ddr 2 2gb x 2 8oo mhz ram, intel dg41rq mobo, 500 gb hdd. ..
so i was going to install hd 5870 in this system.......
but now i have changed my mind...
..
..
i'm going to change my pc...you can say i'm going to upgrade my pc...
going to get...
1-Intel® Core™ i7-930 Processor 2.8.,

2-Intel® Desktop Board DX58SO....

3-Corsair Dominator-GT DDR3 3X6G-1600(2GBX3)

but then i would have to get hd 4870 or gts 250 1gb instead of hd 5870..... :-(
coz it would be out of my budget..
..
please tell me that my first system with hd 5870 is better or new system would be with hd 4870 or gts 250??
.


Hi
I say that you keep your current core 2 duo system and buy a good cpu cooler and also that radeon 5870. overclock the hell out of that processor and i think then things will be fine for gaming. Hope i helped
July 11, 2010 6:32:50 PM

how can i over clock core 2 due....coz my mobo do not support this oc feature...
July 11, 2010 6:51:37 PM

will hd 5870 provide go0d proformence with core 2 due as on i7 930?
July 11, 2010 6:55:39 PM

and i have no idea about mobos......if DX58SO is not a good mobo then please tell me which one will suitable with i7 930 processor.... is there any cheaper mobo then dx58so.....with sLi or crossfire support?
July 11, 2010 7:11:10 PM

simon12 said:
Go for an i5 or Phenom Quad and the money saved on the motherboard and CPU should pay for a decent card. If you can't get the 5870 go for a 5830 or 5850 and get a second one later (make sure you get a board that can run 2 cards at least 8X if you do this).





dude actally i have no experience about phenom........is it better then i7 930....
and why you said to get i5?
will it better choice as compare to i7?
please help me to select better one....
July 11, 2010 7:14:55 PM

i5 is very suitable for gaming, but a i7 is more for video encoding, or recource utalising programs...
July 11, 2010 7:51:55 PM

p4nz3rm4d said:
i5 is very suitable for gaming, but a i7 is more for video encoding, or recource utalising programs...





you say that i7 is not go0d for gaming as compare to i5......
a c 102 à CPUs
July 11, 2010 10:03:28 PM

The i7 is better than the i5 at everything but an i5 is just as good for gaming its cheaper, the motherboards are half the price, and you save 1/3rd on the RAM. An i5 with a 5870 is a mile better than an i7 even with a 5850.
July 12, 2010 5:37:21 AM

thats what i mean... because you dont spend as much on the i7 with a i5, the rest of the money can go to buying a better GPU or somthing else...
July 12, 2010 7:39:44 AM

p4nz3rm4d said:
thats what i mean... because you dont spend as much on the i7 with a i5, the rest of the money can go to buying a better GPU or somthing else...







ohhh sorry
i forgot one thing to write that...... any of gf card like hd 4870 or gts 250 would be temporary.....means i'll buy hd 5870 or hd 5970 within very next six months after getting a core i7.......
plz tell me that in this situation the hd 4870 or gts 250 would alright just for 5 to 6 months????
a b à CPUs
July 12, 2010 8:07:07 AM

From performance point of view, the 4870 is better than the GTS 250.It should last for 5-6 months.
July 12, 2010 6:22:26 PM

thanks for your reviews....... it means i shoud upgrade my pc .....core 2 due to core i7......


""but some said that core 2 due e7500 is also good for 2010 games like alien vs predators ...but it only depends on gf card and ram......"" they only advised me to get hd 5870 or greater and also get gaming ram....

is it true? would it better?
a c 102 à CPUs
July 12, 2010 8:41:50 PM

As I said before (in different words) the i7 is overkill for gaming save the money and get an i5 with a better card.
July 13, 2010 5:28:48 PM

simon12 said:
As I said before (in different words) the i7 is overkill for gaming save the money and get an i5 with a better card.




dude i dont want to change my pc again lik core 2 due which i just used only for a month...... i dont want to do this with my new pc...thats way i want to get latest....series like i7...
.
.
2nd thing is gf card....dude i already mentioned that hd 4870 would be temporary....i can afford it to change my gf card but not a hole rig..... thats the problem...
so i want to get latest cpu and mobo.....

i'll change my gf card within next 5 months.....
!