Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Do I have all the parts I need to build my first PC?

Last response: in Systems
May 4, 2010 6:24:59 AM

So I am about to order all the parts for my new computer and this is going to be the first time I have built one! I just wanted to make sure I have everything I need before I order everything, so if I am missing something like cables to connect power to my motherboard (which PSU all ready includes?) or a SATA cable for the hard-drive (I don't think its OEM?), please tell me.

My Wish List (Not a wish anymore :bounce:  )

More about : parts build

Best solution

May 4, 2010 6:50:54 AM

Looks pretty good. Just one suggestion. Switch out the CPU for this one, which is a newer revision
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Your motherboard and power supply should come with all the necessary cables, etc.
May 4, 2010 7:04:51 AM

What is the difference? Same CPU and price except for the box and mine has won 5 times in a row?
m
l
Related resources
May 4, 2010 7:11:07 AM

The one I linked is the C3 revision, which should perform better in overclocking. The other CPU has only won more awards because it is older... And they are the same price as well.
m
l
May 4, 2010 7:13:51 AM

Oh, thanks, just added it! Oh, and what is C3 revision.. I see a lot of talk about "Cx" but not to sure what it is.. im such a noob.
m
l
May 4, 2010 7:18:13 AM

Best answer selected by drhydralisk.
m
l
May 4, 2010 7:28:28 AM

It's nothing special really, just a slight refinement to the processor that happens to improve overclocking potential by a tad.
m
l
!