Strange battery charge problem laptop running XP SP3. When I plug the charger in

I have an Acer 1690 laptop running XP SP3. When I plug the charger in it charges the battery fine' until it reaches 100%, then it' shows the battery is dead. If I unplug it it goes to sleep. If I unplug it before it\'s fully charged, it works fine, anywhere up to 98%. The green charge light is on for a while, but it starts flashing and that's when I know I can't unplug it. If I shut down, unplug the charger, and reboot, all is good with charge showing around 98%. Any suggestions?
4 answers Last reply
More about strange battery charge problem laptop running plug charger
  1. Check for an updated driver from the Acer website.
  2. Thanks guys,

Wow, just recieved notification that PhilFrisbee posted, 6 days after posted.

PhilFrisbee, what driver should I look for? There isn't much there, but there's a few.
  3. Is it a genuine battery? If yes, go to the Acer website, and check for a BIOS update and any power management software update.
  4. Thanks for your help guys! I think problem is solved. I was using Acer Epower management and I un-installed that and am using Windows power management. Seems to be working. If it does it again I'll post.
Ask a new question

Read More

Battery Laptops Windows XP