What is cpu bank flip

i have a gateway gt5662

amd phenom 9500 overclock able

was in my bios there a seting in there that say cpu bank flip have no idea what this is can some one tell me what this is
14 answers Last reply
More about what bank flip
  1. Errrr... your CPU model is rather useless, more useful would be your motherboard model. There's a chance there might be a description of it in your manual, but sometimes they just tell you what options it has rather than telling you what it is. A quick google search hasn't revealed anything for me.
  2. Gateway GT5662 (ECS MCP61PM-GM) mother board
  3. some one told me may be the new sli or crossefire were you can have the mobo add's ram to the vid card if you need more ram like on a game that need's more push but i dont know
  4. Go into your MCP61PM-GM (the motherboard used on the GT5662) BIOS's "Advanced" setup and press CTRL-F1. You'll then see settings for changing clock values and for adjusting your memory.
  5. are you sure it doesnt say GPU Bank Flip ???
  6. jdobbs said:
    Go into your MCP61PM-GM (the motherboard used on the GT5662) BIOS's "Advanced" setup and press CTRL-F1. You'll then see settings for changing clock values and for adjusting your memory.

so you telling me that this board is over clockable
  7. Yes, I didn't see anywhere to change the multiplier -- but you can overclock by changing the clock values. I recently replaced the Phenom 9500 with a Phenom II X4 945 and clocked it up to 3.3Ghz (with the standard cooling fan) on this same (Gateway) computer. It almost doubled my video encoding speeds using X264.
  8. jdobbs said:
    Yes, I didn't see anywhere to change the multiplier -- but you can overclock by changing the clock values. I recently replaced the Phenom 9500 with a Phenom II X4 945 and clocked it up to 3.3Ghz (with the standard cooling fan) on this same (Gateway) computer. It almost doubled my video encoding speeds using X264.

what can i chang it to on the 9500 clock values my 9500 was runing at 55c with stock fan so dont know how you was able to run it cold lol at 3.3 i dont think so lolhad to go buy a cool master so now its runing at 40c
  9. The Phenom II 945 has a max operating temp of 71c and the 9500 has a max of 70c -- so you can get away with a lot.
  10. jdobbs said:
    The Phenom II 945 has a max operating temp of 71c and the 9500 has a max of 70c -- so you can get away with a lot.

how do i over clock it i see

pmu-disabled

cpu freguency 200.0

k8-nb ht speed auto

k8-nb ht width auto

ht speed spectrum 0.50 triang center

wicth one to i play with to ove clock my cpu do i have to mess with all 3 things or only one adjustment
  11. Change the CPU frequency. Be careful, though, because the memory speed will also increass.
  12. jdobbs said:
    Change the CPU frequency. Be careful, though, because the memory speed will also increass.

i did that all ready move cpu frequency up one and the system would not boot
  13. jdobbs said:
    The Phenom II 945 has a max operating temp of 71c and the 9500 has a max of 70c -- so you can get away with a lot.

i moved the cpu up from 200.0 to 270.0 still runing at 2.2 so has to be more to it then only adjusting the cpu freguency cpu-z still reading 2.2 so
  14. Reset the BIOS on the motherboard to its default state (move the shunt to pins 2-3 and then move it back to 1-2). I had to do that before it would take the values also, but I thought it was a fluke.

There's not more to it than that -- it's working on mine.

Only adjust the clock a little at a time. Remember that the CPU clock (on the 9500) goes up 11x what you are adjusting and your memory goes up 2x...
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking