Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte GF 220 ....

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 6, 2010 4:45:08 PM

i Bayed GF 220... Cos my old on burned ^^

When i turn on PC i get POST screen after BIOS: <Energy star> screen with memory Test, etc..) takes a long time to display - I mean it takes about 1 second per character, and each character is drawn from top to bottom; it takes about 6+ minutes to draw the entire screen ... its happen each time when i turn on Pc or restart....

Motherboard Name: MSI MS-7293VP (FSC OEM)

BIOS Version: W7293VPVF1 V2.2 012307

i need help to fix a problem.

In Nvidia forum i gated answer : We have created a workaround through a newer video BIOS. Unfortunately, since each video BIOS is custom made for each board model and manufacturer, you will need to contact the maker of your graphics card to obtain a newer video BIOS for your graphics card. The video BIOS fix has been pushed to our board partners already.

I don't have any die what to do >.<

(i speak relay bad English xD )

More about : gigabyte 220

April 6, 2010 6:18:21 PM

anone can help me
a c 189 U Graphics card
April 7, 2010 1:47:06 AM

Contact your motherboard supplier MSI, tell them your problem and they will help u. :) 

So, what is your current card right now?
Other specs?
Related resources
April 7, 2010 9:26:22 AM

GF 220 , im using it right now . but i want to take off that Energy Star Screen with Memmory Test >.< wich takes long time (and sometimes my pc dosn't boot at fist time it freez after windows Xp Screen ......

And how can contact motherboard supplier MSI .. need to call them or something , or
how to contact with Graphic card maker ^^ ......
April 9, 2010 8:47:00 AM

I'm wait for answer from Gigabyte . but its seems it will take long time ^^
a b U Graphics card
April 9, 2010 9:15:56 AM

Sometimes. I once waited for 3 weeks, even though I reminded them once every week!
April 11, 2010 8:48:45 AM

well i get the answer , but they can't help me :o 

If i will install Windows 7 , maybe it will solve the problem ..... ?
a b U Graphics card
April 11, 2010 9:01:52 AM

No, Windows 7 won't help. This is a hardware problem, not software. It is happening before any software even starts at system POST.

Return and exchange the video card. I think it is the problem. Get a different model.
April 11, 2010 9:06:02 AM

< damn but i like gf 220 > (wich video card u suggest) (same price like gf 220)
a b U Graphics card
April 11, 2010 9:21:01 AM

Depends where you live. I live in the US and only pay attention to US prices. I don't know where you live.

Read this hierarchy chart to find cards that perform similar to or better than the GT220.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-graphics-card,...

Find the GT220 on that chart and get something in the same line or higher.
!