In need of help with my Hard Drive

emmasdad

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Hello Everyone,
I have been trying to fix my hard drive for 2 days now and I have had no luck. I have come across a lot of ideas but none of them work for me at all. I shows up in Device manager, but not in the Disk Management. I took snap shots and pasted them here to show what I see. The hard drive is a Maxtor H256. It also says Fireball 3 ATA/133 HDD 30 GB on it also. the other Part number I see on it is 00U408. I have almost filled up my hard drive now and wanted to use this one to make room on my main Hard drive. I have tried other hard drives through the USB enclosure and they all work fine.
I am installing it on a desktop with Windows XP on it. My laptop has windows 7. I have it in a enclosure now. The enclosure is a CMB, it had a 250 GB Hard drive n it that I took out. I use the 250 for systems back ups. Any help would be help here since I have tried everything have come across to try.

Thanks
James

Before pictures
Beforeitwaspluggedinalso.jpg

Beforeitispluggedin.jpg

After pictures

ThereinDeviceManagerwhenIplugitin.jpg

NotthereintheDiskManagementwhenitispluggedin.jpg

emmasdad

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
I have tried all of that. If i try to connect it to my laptop from the USB, it shows that it isn't initialize . I have tried everything to get it initialize, but still come up empty handed. I just have no clue where to go from here.

emmasdad

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
I am sorry that i didn't answer about the IDE part. I have tried to connect it with the IDE cable. It just shows the same.
I forgot to mention that what started all of this is that my crazy self thought I could just go through the hard drive and delete all files off of it to make it a fresh hard drive. I didn't know I could format it and get it done faster and the correct way. If I was to leave anything on the hard drive, I deleted it also. There wasn't anything on the drive when I was finished.
This just goes to show that PEOPLE shouldn't mess with anything they have no clue what to do. If I would have just googeled how to clean a hard drive, I probably wouldn't be in this mess now.

Thanks,
James