Mobo Trivia Challenge: UD3H vs. UD3R .. Difference?

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
Just what it says ... Points to first/best.

(of course ... it may be difficult to judge, because I don't know the answer.)

I am just about to read the sidebar article titled: :: " Four LGA 1366 Boards With USB 3.0 ... " ...

I am seeing UD3R and I am only familiar with the "feature spec" for the UD3H.

Just asking because I don't know what UD3R implies (vs. "3H") and it isn't an easy thing to look up.

= Al =

Solution

he's definitely right about the H. Unless it has usb 3.0 its in everyone of their onboard graphics motherboards with hdmi:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ption=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

I don't think there are any current intel boards on the market with the h. As for the r if this chart for the p45 boards still holds true for their current boards then this should answer your question:

88555d1227331995-gigabyte-ep45-ud3p-owners-guide-ud3-series.png

which mean the R...

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
So far ... I can only say that the numeric portion ... the "3" in "ud3h" differentiates it's cost-point, amongst the other boards of the SAME chipset/series ... The "3" boards are mainstream and the "7" boards are enthusiast.

While the "H" may always be present when HDMI port present, there are several bords that seem not to conform ... i.e. ... Port is present but "H" is not.

For now ... I'm guessing the third letter is a (more or less) "arbitrariy/incremental" sub-mod differentiator which may or may not be attributed to "feature-type".

My reason for asking (wanting to know) should be obvious ... It would help me understand "SPECS-at-a-GLANCE" (as well as price point) and would/could give lots of insight, just at a glance ... Sure wish some engineer from Gigabyte could chime-in and lay it all out (if there is anything logical to "the system") ...

... Anyway ... since the NUMERIC DIGIT clearly DOES have a consistent meaning, ... I thot the rest of that section might "say" more.

Thanks for playing ... I'm gonna let this thread hang for some little while more ... then I'll shunt the points to whomever seemed closest ... I still have not really "worked" the newegg search functions "all out" ... yet.

= Thanks for playing ! =

Somebody_007

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
7the UD3 stands for having the UD3 heatpipe system. UD7 boards also have the sam UD3 heatpipe system but I think they first made an UD3 board and then to make namegiving fairly easy they just give the better boards the names UD5 en UD7. but the UD3 definetly originates from that heat pipe system.

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
as plausible as any other explanation ... at this point.

... thought there might have been more of a "design methodology formula" ... but, yeah ... might not be as vitally descriptive as I first imagined.

... let it hang ... see if anything else swims up to the boat.

= Al =

paigeinfull

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

he's definitely right about the H. Unless it has usb 3.0 its in everyone of their onboard graphics motherboards with hdmi:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ption=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

I don't think there are any current intel boards on the market with the h. As for the r if this chart for the p45 boards still holds true for their current boards then this should answer your question:

88555d1227331995-gigabyte-ep45-ud3p-owners-guide-ud3-series.png

which mean the R stands for raid and the P stands for performance

Edit: More links

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/WebPage/mb_080924_ud3/data/tech_080924_ud3_models.htm

proving the ud3 stands for ultra durable 3:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/WebPage/mb_080924_ud3/data/tech_080924_ud3_overview.htm

Solution

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
Well, 007, here is the sting ...

... 007 WAS first ... 007 was correct in what (little) was said ... gets prize for "first response" and "first correct response" ... BUT ... sigh ...

Paige came thru with the MOST AND BEST DOPE and "took us to school" with charts and graphs and circles and arrows ... (extra credit FO' Show ! ) ...

ALSO ... Paige is our newest member (on thread) and has accumulated least points to date.

15 more "best answers and you get a shiney bronze badge (yipeeee!).

= Great Job ! = (And, THANKS ! .... consider us "Instructed" )

[:bilbat:5] [:bilbat:5] [:bilbat:5]

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
Best answer selected by Alvin Smith.
n
nWell, 007, here is the sting ...
n
n... 007 WAS first ... 007 was correct in what (little) was said ... gets prize for "first response" and "first correct response" ... BUT ... sigh ...
n
n Paige came thru with the MOST AND BEST DOPE and "took us to school" with charts and graphs and circles and arrows ... (extra credit FO' Show ! ) ...
n
n ALSO ... Paige is our newest member (on thread) and has accumulated least points to date.
n
n 15 more "best answers" and you get a shiney bronze badge (yipeeee!).
n
n = Great Job ! = (And, THANKS ! .... consider us "Instructed" )
n
n [:bilbat:5] [:bilbat:5] [:bilbat:5]