Partition unlocated

vishalkotwar

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
I installed ubuntu 12.04 alongside windows 7 with a partition created with it of 50 GB now I used recovery option in windows recovery which recover drive 'C' original file in my laptop which don't affect other partitions
Before recovery i can boot both windows and ubuntu but after recovery I cannot see any gmu/ubuntu boot menu which was always visible after ubuntu installation.

I just want to know how could I merge the 50 GB partition with my 'C' drive and (empty that 50 GB partition first)
when it says that partition is unlocated.

I used EaseUS partition master but i can't see any sloution.
I still has ubuntu on that 50GB hidden partition.

please help. :cry:

vishalkotwar

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012

Thanks RB,

It seems like now my problem is solved :) but my ubuntu files are gone.... :(

RealBeast

Titan
The files still should be on the drive, you may be able to recover them with Recuva or the free EaseUS file recovery utility. It is probably easier though to just reinstall Ubuntu if you need it -- you should then get a boot choice between the two.

Personally, I find using VMWare Workstation much easier and you can switch between OSs by just changing the window without rebooting.

vishalkotwar

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012

I wish to use as you suggested VMware Workstation and i tried; but i am unable to connetct too internet to ubuntu inside VMware as i has to install gvim for terminal for rogramming (student) in ubuntu.

Please tell me ow to connect internet in ubuntu in vmware or how to insall gvim in terminal mannually.
Thanks.

RealBeast

Titan
When your installation of Ubuntu is completed in VMWare WS 8, go to the Ubuntu 12.04 user interface, then select System Settings > Network > Network Proxy to set the HTTP proxy in the Network Proxy Preferences dialog box. I don't have much in the way of details, as it worked fine for me.

If you have specific issues, your bet bet is a post at http://askubuntu.com/

vishalkotwar

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012

Ok I am done here with the ubuntu.I have a new problem to disturb you with, I installed windows 8 preview to my system without knowing that it will overwrite my win7 operating system. Although I do have a recovery partition in
my hard disk but the problem is that win8 is showing that recovery tool is not compatible, I reinstalled the recovery
driver but it is not compatible.
In addition to that in win8 my compatablity tool is not working.

I am asking you if I install windows 7 again with a cd of a friend (I don't get any cd) will I be able to retain that recovery partition and than if i install recovery tool in win7 will it is supposed to work.

If you have any other solution please tell me that.

RealBeast

Titan
You should definitely use VMWare for these test installs or do them on a backup machine.

You can just download the same Windows 7 disk and do a repair installation if you do not have a system repair disk (which you have to make yourself with the Windows 7 system repair disk wizard). That way you won't have to reinstall all of your programs, just the Windows 7 updates.

Microsoft allows downloads of trial version images that you can burn to a DVD (make sure it is the same version and x64 or x86): http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Windows-7-Download-118183.html Once the repair is done you can reactivate with your key.

vishalkotwar

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
I dont have any key and I dont want to use any key I do have recovery option.

( http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/uk/en/HintsandTips/hints_show_12747635932279.html )

which is not working in windows 8 how can i use it to restore my backup which is in my hard disk partition and i dont want to delete recovery partition co'z it has all of its default drivers in it and when I purchased laptop I dont get any key
but my windows is genuine and I got a windows7 logo on my laptop.