Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS and Logitech Z-5500

Jagpferd

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
Hi everybody,

I am currently building a new computer this summer and I am wondering if I should replace my current sound card, the audigy 2 zs for a newer sound card. The speaker system I have is the Logitech Z-5500 using analog cables.

Should I buy a new sound card?

Thank you for your time!

Jagpferd

If the sound card is running fine then mostly you don't require to change it.. The audigy 2 ZS is pretty good.. However, if you are looking forward for a full range modern audio tech coverage for both gaming and multimedia, you may just as well go ahead and get one..

Jagpferd

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
Thank you for the reply Emperus! Yes, the sound card still works very well, with no noticeable problems with it. I am glad to heard that the audigy 2 zs is still pretty good!

At this point, I probably will not upgrade the sound card unless its worth it but if there is noticeable improvements in sound quality over the audigy 2 zs then I probably will.

Thanks again for your response!

Well...unlike Creatives X-fi line, the Audigy series was at least STABLE most of the time...aging a bit, but probably not worth an upgrade.

Moving up to a higher end ASUS/Auzentech model, you *might* see an upgrade in audio quality, but unless you want to eat $150+ for a sound upgrade which you may or may not be able to appriciate, its probably best ot leave well enough alone for now.

Jagpferd

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
Thanks for the replies everybody! I will take a look at the Forte and check out the prices on several canadian retailer sites.

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated!

Nice! i think you're really going to notice a difference.
The mids and highs are better and the bass will be much tighter/punchier.
That's what i noticed right away on my set-up.
Enjoy:)
Your gonna piss some people off cuz it will be much louder as well.

Jagpferd

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
Ya! I cannot wait to get it! It either be today, or tomorrow at the latest! My neighbours already complain and their place is like 60 feet away! haha.

Thanks for your help!

Jagpferd

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
Wow! THe difference in quality absolutely amazing! Its like a got a brand new set of speakers! No real comparison!

Thanks a lot everybody!