Sign in with
Your question

Getting transparency displayed correctly with intel 845GVSR

Last response: in Motherboards
January 18, 2011 1:58:39 PM

My pc is a P4 with Intel 845GVSR. Its graphics capabilities are limited. On Windows 7 and Vista, transparency is not displayed correctly. Can I get a graphics card and fix it? Please suggest a cheap graphics card.
a b $ Windows 7
a c 1318 U Graphics card
a c 133 å Intel
a c 1039 V Motherboard
January 18, 2011 9:54:48 PM

The board does not have a designated GPU slot. Although hardly worth the money they make basic PCI cards like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
I suggest though saving the money towards a new system.
a b $ Windows 7
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
January 19, 2011 7:10:08 AM

NEW SYSTEM

seriously whatever plugs into that system IS BALLS time for a new rig - use nothing from your current one and i mean NOTHING
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
January 19, 2011 12:19:22 PM

That system isn't necessarily dead. It has a little life left in it if you're just after basic functionality and web browsing. A PCI video card like the one previously linked isn't necessarily a BAD investment if you don't have enough money to replace the entire system. I don't know if i'd buy a brand new one, since you can find them on eBay for about half of that. That board, maxed out with 2gb RAM and a 3.06GHz Pentium 4 (which is the fastest CPU that board will support), would run Windows 7 just fine. I think rolli59 was on the right track though with that card. They do make faster PCI cards, but the price doesn't scale accordingly. The 8400GS PCI is a good mid-point.
!