Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 + homebuild problems.

Last response: in Systems
May 4, 2010 8:25:41 PM

Okay hey all.

The title says a little but here it goes.

When i use my pc, it can be running fine, then if i reboot i get this error message:
"Windows was unable to start, now repairing" and it can do that sometimes 100 times and sometimes 1 time.

It depends, and it doesnt find anything at all.
Tried reformating my drive, but nothing.

And when i play games i suddenly gets "AMD screendriver stopped responding!, it has now been reastiblished".
Have tried everything. Drivers from 8.1 - 10.7 so yea, downgrading doesn't work. Neither new ones.

My specs:
Asus motherboard P5E3 pro
Asus ATI EAH4850 card 512 mb
OZC ram 4gigs (they are good running with motherboard - have checked dont worry).
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.88gHz with 12mb cache.
my harddisk is a Western.

Hope you can help me bits.

Emil!
May 5, 2010 11:26:35 AM

^ Is it that you are facing these issues only after installing WIN 7 and not before ??
Related resources
May 5, 2010 11:35:29 AM

I started installing windows 7 64bit. But as i got the AMD screendriver error i tried 32 bit.
And after the reinstall i have gotten the weird "Unable to start"!, repairing is now starting"
May 5, 2010 11:47:53 AM

I had all sorts of issues with my Windows installing - crashes, freezing, repair freezing. In the end it was related to a faulty RAM Module.
May 6, 2010 7:58:19 PM

asteldian said:
I had all sorts of issues with my Windows installing - crashes, freezing, repair freezing. In the end it was related to a faulty RAM Module.

But? My rams are totally new? They shouldn't be corrupted? They have passed windows mem test too :( 
May 6, 2010 8:13:29 PM

Just because they're new doesn't mean they aren't faulty. The Windows memory test is a joke. Which exact RAM kit do you have? There are a lot of 4GB OCZ RAM kits out there. We need a model number so we can look up the rated speed, timings, and voltage. You should manually set all those values in the BIOS. You should also download Memtest86+ from www.memtest.org and burn the ISO image to a CD. You can then boot your system from the CD and let the Memtest86+ test run overnight to fully test your RAM.
May 6, 2010 8:28:46 PM

Allright, erm the name is :o CZ3X16004GK
DD3 Dual kit.

And yes, i have set values in bios :) !
May 6, 2010 8:32:52 PM

Cant edit the one above it is : OCZ
not smiley lol.
May 7, 2010 12:10:43 AM

Yes, i have set that in Bios. And isn't it easier to pick up some other ram, and see if the problem is occuring or not?
May 7, 2010 12:11:27 AM

i got alot in spare i can put in.
!