Windows 7 + homebuild problems.

emilfrandsen123

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
Okay hey all.

The title says a little but here it goes.

When i use my pc, it can be running fine, then if i reboot i get this error message:
"Windows was unable to start, now repairing" and it can do that sometimes 100 times and sometimes 1 time.

It depends, and it doesnt find anything at all.
Tried reformating my drive, but nothing.

And when i play games i suddenly gets "AMD screendriver stopped responding!, it has now been reastiblished".
Have tried everything. Drivers from 8.1 - 10.7 so yea, downgrading doesn't work. Neither new ones.

My specs:
Asus motherboard P5E3 pro
Asus ATI EAH4850 card 512 mb
OZC ram 4gigs (they are good running with motherboard - have checked dont worry).
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.88gHz with 12mb cache.
my harddisk is a Western.

Hope you can help me bits.

Emil!

emilfrandsen123

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
I started installing windows 7 64bit. But as i got the AMD screendriver error i tried 32 bit.
And after the reinstall i have gotten the weird "Unable to start"!, repairing is now starting"

emilfrandsen123

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010

But? My rams are totally new? They shouldn't be corrupted? They have passed windows mem test too :(

Just because they're new doesn't mean they aren't faulty. The Windows memory test is a joke. Which exact RAM kit do you have? There are a lot of 4GB OCZ RAM kits out there. We need a model number so we can look up the rated speed, timings, and voltage. You should manually set all those values in the BIOS. You should also download Memtest86+ from www.memtest.org and burn the ISO image to a CD. You can then boot your system from the CD and let the Memtest86+ test run overnight to fully test your RAM.