Broken Data Sata Connector. Is this risky?

musicbreath

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Hi friends!

Say, I broke the data connector on my sata drive, leaving only the pins, and was wondering if you think it would be risky to slip the broken plastic piece into the cable and then finesse the cable onto the exposed pins on the drive? I'm thinking since it's not the power cable it will either work or it won't -- meaning it won't fry anything or something like that if it doesn't work.

Also, can something like that be repaired? Is there a kit for something like that that you can buy?

Thanks so much all! :)

Steve

Solution
The data connector is not risky to your motherboard, it probably isn't even it is the power connector as long as it does not short to the board.

As always, I say just back up regularly so your data is not at risk, but no worries for your hardware.

musicbreath

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012

Yes...stable...it should be stable. THAT will be troublesome. It sort of lingers in place, shall i say. lol :lol:

Thanks for responding! As long as i'm not risking my MB etc, i can live with losing the data. I mean i really want it, but I'll live if i'm screwed. :)

RealBeast

Titan
The data connector is not risky to your motherboard, it probably isn't even it is the power connector as long as it does not short to the board.

As always, I say just back up regularly so your data is not at risk, but no worries for your hardware.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS