Win 7 wont install to ssd

daboy

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
I have recently installed an ssd and am trying to install windows 7 on it from the installation disc. It is an Intel 60gb and I keep getting a message that says that I can not use the existing partition because it does not contain the required free space. I have already formatted the larger hdd and do not want to have to reinstall windows 7 on it. I am trying to just pull the hdd eventually because it gets too hot and I get the bsod.

Solution

you want to unplug the hard drive and boot from the windows cd or usb stick. when you do go into advance mode and delete the partion that on the ssd now. when don leave the advance mode and hit install windows. windows will see a blank drive and put a system restore partion on and the reset will be...

you want to unplug the hard drive and boot from the windows cd or usb stick. when you do go into advance mode and delete the partion that on the ssd now. when don leave the advance mode and hit install windows. windows will see a blank drive and put a system restore partion on and the reset will be the os partion. with the drive already partion windows cant make a system restore partion. also check that your sata ports are in achi mode.

Solution

daboy

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
thanks for the help. i noticed that there were 4 partitions. i think that is because i tried to use the date migration software that came with my ssd. after i deleted all the partitions it fixed the problem and installed win7

TRENDING THREADS