Windows Xp Professional Files, gtting rid of them

I had an illegal copy of XP Professional when I got this computer. I now
have a legal copy of XP Home, which I have installed. Now, when I start up
my computer, it asks me which operating system i want to use. The choices
being XP home or XP Pro. The default is XP Home, which I want. My question
is, since it is still asking me this, are there XP Pro files on my computer
using up memory that I do not need, or want, anymore? If so, how do I get rid
of them? Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about windows professional files gtting them

    Assuming everything you want to use is now part of the legal Home
    installation and there is nothing still in the illegal Pro installation what
    you do is boot into Home, open Explorer and delete all the Pro installation
    files and folders. You then edit the boot.ini file in the root of the C:\
    drive to eliminate the reference to Pro.

    "scacco73" <scacco73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I had an illegal copy of XP Professional when I got this computer. I now
    > have a legal copy of XP Home, which I have installed. Now, when I start
    > up
    > my computer, it asks me which operating system i want to use. The choices
    > being XP home or XP Pro. The default is XP Home, which I want. My
    > question
    > is, since it is still asking me this, are there XP Pro files on my
    > computer
    > using up memory that I do not need, or want, anymore? If so, how do I get
    > rid
    > of them? Thanks

Configuration Computers Windows XP