Windows Xp Professional Files, gtting rid of them

January 13, 2005 9:59:10 PM

I had an illegal copy of XP Professional when I got this computer. I now
have a legal copy of XP Home, which I have installed. Now, when I start up
my computer, it asks me which operating system i want to use. The choices
being XP home or XP Pro. The default is XP Home, which I want. My question
is, since it is still asking me this, are there XP Pro files on my computer
using up memory that I do not need, or want, anymore? If so, how do I get rid
of them? Thanks
January 13, 2005 11:38:45 PM

Assuming everything you want to use is now part of the legal Home
installation and there is nothing still in the illegal Pro installation what
you do is boot into Home, open Explorer and delete all the Pro installation
files and folders. You then edit the boot.ini file in the root of the C:\
drive to eliminate the reference to Pro.