Picture Quality with ProShow Gold

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
December 8, 2004 11:24:09 PM

I burned a DVD slideshow with this software and am disappointed with the
results. The pictures are 5mpx and loo good, sharp and detailed on the
computer however when shown on the TV (Sony DVD player via SCART) they look
a little fuzzy (loss of detail) + lighter areas look burned out. Is this as
good as it gets? Are there adjustments that can improve quality or any
better software?
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 11:24:10 PM

"Steve" <xsx2000x@Zyahoo.com> wrote in message
> I burned a DVD slideshow with this software and am disappointed with the
> results. The pictures are 5mpx and loo good, sharp and detailed on the
> computer however when shown on the TV (Sony DVD player via SCART) they
look
> a little fuzzy (loss of detail) + lighter areas look burned out. Is this
as
> good as it gets? Are there adjustments that can improve quality or any
> better software?

It's not the software.
It's the limitations of TV.
TVs don't even display 1MP worth of data on screen.

Also...
Make sure you have rendered the show at the highest quality settings.

A tip:
Your pictures will look better on TV using Proshow Gold if you utilize the
zooming/panning features of that program. TVs always present moving images
in a more pleasing way than with stills.
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 11:24:10 PM

Take a look at Photo2DVD. It has a nice slideshow function built in.
http://www.photo-to-dvd.com
December 9, 2004 3:00:27 PM

Hi,

the TV screen resolution is way lower than that of your monitor.

Rosita
December 9, 2004 9:45:47 PM

Yes but the TV picture is better than the slideshow 5 megapixel image
displayed

!