RAM Build up

Timendo

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
Hey, so I've noticed this before but figured it was JUST my HDD, I'm not positive and have no way of actually testing it, but on occasion my RAM will just not dump and I'll build up to about 6.8 of 8 GB used, and massive lags start to happen, the only resolution I can find is reset.

I also have a 5 year old WDCaviar Green HDD, yes I know green is inferior but it was cheaper and I plan on just getting an SSD and using my external if the HDD is the root.

So quite a while ago, my Hard drive seemed to fail, I tested it, switched to another hard drive, my system booted fine, I left for work and let my hdd sit on top of the case, came home plugged it in, tested it, didn't work.
Since it didn't work I figured I'm going to get some management done, so I organized some wires, tested the voltages with a voltimeter and plugged it back in, just for SnG's, it worked, the original error was that it lacked boot files.
Could this RAM Build up be that my HDD is not accepting memory dumps in session or something? or could both parts be problematic? :/
Lifetime warranty on RAM +1 Kingston

It could be, but it probably isn't. Other things that you might try would include outright re-installing Windows. I'm not sure if anything less would help. What version of Windows are you running and is it fully updated? Have you run a virus scan (with antivirus better than Norton of Mcafee)?

Timendo

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
I have issues with some programs at times, my video drivers used to crash daily, and this game vindictus also used to have crashes, now only vindictus crashes on occasion, and I haven't changed the video drivers at all since that.

Did you try each module individually? Sometimes, problem modules don't show their problems unless you run it with only one module at a time. However, I don't think that the RAM is the problem. Try updating your motherboard's BIOS.

Timendo

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
Ok I MAY have a problem with my RAM, while I Was extracting ARMA II game installation file, my ram was back at 7.8G of 8, this is when I was having a problem just recently, although It wasn't always the ARMA II installer...

Anyway, so I just let it extract this time without restarting and I'm back to 1.00 GB right after it finished extracting, does that seem like RAM fault?