Are XP drivers universal in regards to the different versions of XP?

Aunnix

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
Hi All,

I am looking into buying a cheap used laptop (a Toshiba Satellite A105 - S4334). When it was released, it came standard with Windows XP Media Center 2005, but I want to install Windows XP Home or possibly XP Pro. I have located the XP drivers online for the Laptop model, but I was wondering whether the drivers are specific to XP Media Center 2005, or if the drivers work with any version/flavor of XP? Whether it be XP Home, XP Pro, or XP Media Center.

These are the drivers in reference:
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=1467729&rpn=PSAA8U&modelFilter=A105-S4344&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663&selModel=1467729%7CPSAA8U

Any ideas/help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Aunnix

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012

Yeah, the plan was to only download the XP drivers that didn't say anything about the service packs. However, I assume I can download them after I update the service packs?

Yeah, my intentions are to go with Pro, but it is also very cheap, lol, so I thought about saving my XP pro for a laptop with a little bit better specs. I'm hunting down another one for the girlfriend.. I'll just have to see how much I can upgrade this A105 without investing too much.

Aunnix

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012

Sounds good. I will usually only download the LAN driver so I can do all of the system updates and service packs before I do the other drivers. Also, that allows me to let the PC find the drivers online rather than me hunt them down (sometimes, lol).