Solved

$950 CDN Gaming Computer

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Two weeks to three months (hopefully)

BUDGET RANGE: $800 CDN [UPDATE: $950 CDN]

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, Internet, Applications

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.ca, canadacomputers.com, or whatever is cheapest

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Canada

PARTS PREFERENCES: No processor preference (quad core); No video card preference

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe, if the risk is low and it's an easy process with significant benefits

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I would like this PC to be able to play new games with maximum graphics settings (excluding AA, of course) and a card/cards that support DirectX 11. A motherboard that supports Crossfire x16 for futureproofing. I very much would like this PC to be expandable, with options to add new graphics cards, memory, hard drives, etc. in the future. I would like at least a 1TB hard drive, with space for at least 2 hard drives. I would like a relatively quiet PC.

Thanks in advance!
58 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming computer
  1. CPU $100 = Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHZ - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103704&Tpk=630%20athlon%20ii%20x4
    MB $ 134 = GIGABYTE GA-790XT-USB3 AM3 AMD 790X USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128427
    RAM $111 = G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277&cm_re=ripjaws-_-20-231-277-_-Product
    CASE $69 = COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137
    PSU $90 = SILVERSTONE OP700 700W ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256033
    Drive $21 = Sony Optiarc 24X DVD/CD Rewritable Drive Black SATA Model AD-7240S-0B - OEM - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118030
    HD $84 + FREE SHIPPING = Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148433&cm_re=1tb-_-22-148-433-_-Productcm_re=500gb_sata_hard_drive-_-22-152-181-_-Product
    GPU $300 = XFX ATI RADEON HD 5850 - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150477

    TOTAL = ~$920

    This build gives you 5850 CrossFire capability, with the MBs 2 (x8/x8) PCI Express Slots and the PSUs 4 x 6-Pin PCI-Express Connectors.
  2. Thanks, a little over-budget, but fine.

    What kind of power would I expect to get from this system? And would I have space for expansion/multiple hard drives?
  3. Almost Bang on your budget. Same setup I use, only I am actually using a lesser GPU. I am using 5750

    1 AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition (80W) Dual-Core Socket AM3, 3.2GHz, 7MB Cache, 2000MHz HT, 45nm (HDZ555WFGMBOX) $114.99 $114.99
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=4_64&item_id=028512

    1 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series DDR3 1333MHz (PC3-10666) 4GB (2x2GB) Dual Channel Kit (F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM) $124.99 $124.99
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_311_312_611&item_id=026155

    1 Cooler Master USP 100 Mid Tower Case with 550W Power Supply (RC-P100-RKR1) $94.99 $94.99
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=6_112&item_id=028695

    1 Sony AD-7240S-0B Black SATA 24X DVD Writer - with Nero 8 - OEM $29.99 $29.99
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=3_61&item_id=028373

    1 Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon HD 5770 Chipset Dual Display Dual DVI/HDMI/ Display Port PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card $179.99
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_557_558&item_id=026405

    1 Seagate Barracuda (ST3750528AS) 7200.12 SATA 3.0Gb/s 750GB 32MB Cache (OEM) $69.99
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=15_210_212&item_id=027644

    From Canada Computers (Ontario only I think) but shipping on this order is 9.99. Is cheaper in person because they have cash promo prices.

    Tiger has the same HDD for 49.99 after MIR

    Mobo from Newegg (in store only at Canada Computers :( )

    GIGABYTE GA-770TA-UD3 AM3 AMD 770 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard - $105 Free Shipping
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128419


    Parts from Canada Computers - $707.01 tax/shippng in
    Newegg $119.77 tax/shipping

    $827 for the whole ball of wax. (no crossfire, but you aint gonna need it)

    Like I said I have the same rig, unlocked to a quad too and only a minor OC to 3.5 Ghz and the 5750, lesser card an I tear through everything. Crysis is the only test for it on the highest setting but i could run effortlessly on 1920x1080 on Enthusiast settings. I say COULD because i recently got a second 5750 and its just overkill lol.

    If you want crossfire mobo i would say add 30-40 to that total.
  4. I got you everything from newegg with a couple of changes. 1 I got you a crossfire motherboard, 2 - changed CPU to a tri-core. I know you originally wanted quad anyway, but for gaming, more than two core's is not necessary.

    Its 17 bucks over your budget, buit there is a $15 mail in rebate (USD) so with the exhange I figure $800 even anyway lol.

    What do you think?

    1
    GIGABYTE GA-790XT-USB3 ATX AMD Motherboard
    Item #:N82E16813128427
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy $134.99
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813128427
    1
    XFX Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) HD-577A-ZNFC Video Card
    Item #:N82E16814150447
    Return Policy: VGA Standard Return Policy $169.99
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150447

    1
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
    Item #:N82E16820231303
    Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy $119.99
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231303

    1
    AMD Athlon II X3 440 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor
    Item #:N82E16819103843
    Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy $79.99
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103843

    1
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    Item #:N82E16822136218
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy $69.99
    1
    Sony Optiarc Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1678A
    Item #:N82E16827131061
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy $19.49
    1
    RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP Black Foldout MB Computer Case With Side Panel Window
    Item #:N82E16811156062

    817.89 all in
  5. istoledgoods said:
    CPU $100 = Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHZ - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103704&Tpk=630%20athlon%20ii%20x4
    MB $ 134 = GIGABYTE GA-790XT-USB3 AM3 AMD 790X USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128427
    RAM $111 = G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277&cm_re=ripjaws-_-20-231-277-_-Product
    CASE $69 = COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137
    PSU $90 = SILVERSTONE OP700 700W ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256033
    Drive $21 = Sony Optiarc 24X DVD/CD Rewritable Drive Black SATA Model AD-7240S-0B - OEM - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118030
    HD $84 + FREE SHIPPING = Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148433&cm_re=1tb-_-22-148-433-_-Productcm_re=500gb_sata_hard_drive-_-22-152-181-_-Product
    GPU $300 = XFX ATI RADEON HD 5850 - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150477

    TOTAL = ~$920

    This build gives you 5850 CrossFire capability, with the MBs 2 (x8/x8) PCI Express Slots and the PSUs 4 x 6-Pin PCI-Express Connectors.


    Actually, instead of the Silverstone 700W you can get the 750W Thermaltake for only $5 more. It is quieter and is modular. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153117
  6. puntacana1 said:
    Almost Bang on your budget. Same setup I use, only I am actually using a lesser GPU. I am using 5750

    1 AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition (80W) Dual-Core Socket AM3, 3.2GHz, 7MB Cache, 2000MHz HT, 45nm (HDZ555WFGMBOX) $114.99 $114.99
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=4_64&item_id=028512

    1 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series DDR3 1333MHz (PC3-10666) 4GB (2x2GB) Dual Channel Kit (F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM) $124.99 $124.99
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_311_312_611&item_id=026155

    1 Cooler Master USP 100 Mid Tower Case with 550W Power Supply (RC-P100-RKR1) $94.99 $94.99
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=6_112&item_id=028695

    1 Sony AD-7240S-0B Black SATA 24X DVD Writer - with Nero 8 - OEM $29.99 $29.99
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=3_61&item_id=028373

    1 Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 ATI Radeon HD 5770 Chipset Dual Display Dual DVI/HDMI/ Display Port PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card $179.99
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_557_558&item_id=026405

    1 Seagate Barracuda (ST3750528AS) 7200.12 SATA 3.0Gb/s 750GB 32MB Cache (OEM) $69.99
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=15_210_212&item_id=027644

    From Canada Computers (Ontario only I think) but shipping on this order is 9.99. Is cheaper in person because they have cash promo prices.

    Tiger has the same HDD for 49.99 after MIR

    Mobo from Newegg (in store only at Canada Computers :( )

    GIGABYTE GA-770TA-UD3 AM3 AMD 770 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard - $105 Free Shipping
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128419


    Parts from Canada Computers - $707.01 tax/shippng in
    Newegg $119.77 tax/shipping

    $827 for the whole ball of wax. (no crossfire, but you aint gonna need it)

    Like I said I have the same rig, unlocked to a quad too and only a minor OC to 3.5 Ghz and the 5750, lesser card an I tear through everything. Crysis is the only test for it on the highest setting but i could run effortlessly on 1920x1080 on Enthusiast settings. I say COULD because i recently got a second 5750 and its just overkill lol.

    If you want crossfire mobo i would say add 30-40 to that total.

    This is a good build but it doesn't have a CrossFire Mobo or a good power supply.
  7. puntacana1 said:
    I got you everything from newegg with a couple of changes. 1 I got you a crossfire motherboard, 2 - changed CPU to a tri-core. I know you originally wanted quad anyway, but for gaming, more than two core's is not necessary.

    Its 17 bucks over your budget, buit there is a $15 mail in rebate (USD) so with the exhange I figure $800 even anyway lol.

    What do you think?

    1
    GIGABYTE GA-790XT-USB3 ATX AMD Motherboard
    Item #:N82E16813128427
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy $134.99
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813128427
    1
    XFX Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) HD-577A-ZNFC Video Card
    Item #:N82E16814150447
    Return Policy: VGA Standard Return Policy $169.99
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150447

    1
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
    Item #:N82E16820231303
    Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy $119.99
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231303

    1
    AMD Athlon II X3 440 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor
    Item #:N82E16819103843
    Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy $79.99
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103843

    1
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    Item #:N82E16822136218
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy $69.99
    1
    Sony Optiarc Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1678A
    Item #:N82E16827131061
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy $19.49
    1
    RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP Black Foldout MB Computer Case With Side Panel Window
    Item #:N82E16811156062

    817.89 all in
    The PSU that comes with the RAIDMAX SMILODON is crap.
  8. istoledgoods said:
    The PSU that comes with the RAIDMAX SMILODON is crap.



    I agree with you on the power supply. But if he just wants to get up and running right away on budget, it will do. it's exactly what I did with that same case, and when I saved a few bucks in the next week I bought a decent reputable one.

    The case alone is worth that price. 1500+ reviews on Newegg can't all be wrong, but yes, definately replace the PSU.
  9. All three builds are looking pretty good to me. The $900+ dollar one, while overpriced, seems to be the most future proof. Puntacana1's build looks solid but the lack of Crossfire motherboard and dual core processor worries me in terms of future proofing and expandability. I plan to be able to expand this system a year or so after purchase. The third build also looks good, but I am wondering how much money it will take to replace the power supply. One review stated that the case lacked a second dedicated hard drive slot and the reviewer was forced to sand a slot down. I am not familiar with this process. Any further input would be appreciated.

    Thanks for the hard work on my behalf!
  10. wexer9 said:
    All three builds are looking pretty good to me. The $900+ dollar one, while overpriced, seems to be the most future proof. Puntacana1's build looks solid but the lack of Crossfire motherboard and dual core processor worries me in terms of future proofing and expandability. I plan to be able to expand this system a year or so after purchase. The third build also looks good, but I am wondering how much money it will take to replace the power supply. One review stated that the case lacked a second dedicated hard drive slot and the reviewer was forced to sand a slot down. I am not familiar with this process. Any further input would be appreciated.

    Thanks for the hard work on my behalf!


    True about lacking a second dedicated HDD slot and not true at the same time. There is a mounting lock on only one, but the infrastructure is there for 3 more. You would have to but a fastener from any store that stocks case hardware.

    I didn't have a single problem with mine, the sanding thing, well, even the most expensive cases can have tight fits. A lot of these companies that manufacture cases are not exactly fortune 500 companies lol, so there's not always robots doing the assembly lol.

    What city do you live in? If you live in the GTA, I am very familiar with most retailers and can suggest the best places for power supplies on walk in. Tiger Direct stores as great for selling overstock (not open box) power supplies for like half the price.

    But as noted above, the PSU with the case will get you started, but its not something you want to keep. But this build gets you up and running. Otherwise, if you get the really nice power supply now, you have to sacrifice something more important like CPU or motherboard. Skimping on the PSU at the start will at least let you get a nice system going.

    I did the exact same thing. I'm on a tight budget and waited a couple of weeks to save loose change here and there and get a decent PSU. You might have a little more patience that me though lol.
  11. $808 - With Crossfire 16 (8x 8x) , with two GPUs, good PSU, black edition AMD for easy overclocking. The only thing, is there is no case. But a case should be the one thing somone picks out on their own anyways, since you are the one who has to look at it each day. If you are like me, and could care less if your case looks looks worse than the box UPS shipped it in, just look into cooling.

    So anyways, $808, and there are $65 in mail in rebates.

    I am sure if you look more at other manufacturerers, you might even find other parts with mail in rebates too.

    I figure the $65 MIR's will equal an OK case.

    1
    Western Digital AV-GP 500GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    Item #:N82E16822136497
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy $54.99
    2
    ASUS GeForce 9800 GT EN9800GT/DI/512MD3 Video Card
    Item #:N82E16814121352
    Return Policy: VGA Standard Return Policy $20.00 Mail-in Rebate Card
    $199.98
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121352

    1
    ASUS M4N75TD ATX AMD Motherboard
    Item #:N82E16813131637
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy $99.99
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131637

    1
    SAMSUNG 24x DVD Burner - Bulk SATA Model SH-S243N/BEBS
    Item #:N82E16827151216
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy $22.99
    1
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
    Item #:N82E16820231303
    Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy $119.99
    1
    AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition 3.2GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - C3 Revision
    Item #:N82E16819103846
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy $106.99
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103846

    1
    OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700W Power Supply compatible with core i7
    Item #:N82E16817341018
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy -$66.00 Instant
    $25.00 USD Mail-in Rebate
    $155.99
    $89.99
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341018


    To be brutally honest, and $800 budget is not enough for a decent crossfire/sli future proof rig. Like anything else, you get what you pay for.
  12. This might be helpful to you. http://pc.ncix.com/ncixpc/

    Its a PC building tool from NCIX. Take a prebuild package and you can tweak all the parts from drop downs. It's a lot faster than going back and forth, removing and adding things to a shopping cart.

    Also, NCIX there is no PST to be paid if you are outside BC.
  13. Thanks for the tool suggestion, I will check it out. Interesting new build...if $800 isn't enough, I can bump it up to $900. How would that affect your build?

    Also, what PSU would you suggest for the RAIDMAX SMILODON? And how much would it cost to upgrade it? Thanks for the heads-up about the hard drive spacing.
  14. wexer9 said:
    Thanks for the tool suggestion, I will check it out. Interesting new build...if $800 isn't enough, I can bump it up to $900. What PSU would you suggest for the RAIDMAX SMILODON? And how much would it cost to upgrade it?


    PSU's are not really my thing for know what's great and what's not. I am actually a bit of a risk taker on those. Honestly, I bought an open box one, an Ultra 750watt from Tiger Direct that was $38.00 (retail like over $80)

    But if someone else can input on a PSU that would be great. But if all else fails, use Newegg and search for PSU's around 600w-750W and sort buy "most reviews". A PSU that has like 2 or 3 hundred reviews and most 4 or 5 egg ratings is a pretty good bet.

    If you go to 900, I would upgrade that last built I suggested, to a Mobo that supports true x16 crossfire. Most lower end crossfire boards, the second PCI-E shares bandwidth with the others. So, for instance, the mobo above is x16, but if you crossfire, both cards run at x8. On paper its half the speed, but in reality it isnt that big of a different unless you can count in nano seconds. But with that extra $100s, you could either A) get a better single vid card, like a 5770, which would be better than two 9800's, or upgrade to a true x16 crossfire board and have a wicked platform to build on down the road.

    Tricky thing about crossfire and sli though, some games take advantage of it, and some games actually perform worse :~|

    It all comes down to preference.

    Crysis seems to be the only game, and Far Cry, that really test a system, well, that I've played anyways. Games that use the unreal game engine (Bio shock I think) and Valve (Left for Dead) don't seem to require as high end cards.

    My single Sapphire 5750 ran Bioshock, Left for Dead at top settings on 1920x1080. Even on my wifes PC, which I only put a 4850 in, the same storey. When I crossfired 2 5750, there was no room for improvement, infact I was getting dizzy it was so smooth lol.

    Back to the PSU issue though, I tend to take a lot of flack suggesting PSU's because I usually go with what is on sale or a bargain. In my world, if a $50 PSU is running your PC the same as a $100 PSU... well , I'll just sit back and wait for the flames now..
  15. I forgot to add (keep in mind you'll easily be able to sell that PSU that comes with the Smilidon on kijiji or something. Thats what I did to help pay for a better one, lol )
  16. Ok, check this out. $914 All in.

    Key points: True x16 Crossfire board (x16 x16), single 5770 GPU, better than good PSU, BE 550 CPU that can easily be unlocked into a quad (just read through reviews on the 550 or 555 on how, many people post instructions, very easy) The CPU is OEM, so you will have to buy a cooler. If you were going to use the stock anyway, and $12 Thermaltake will be better than the AMD stock anyhow.

    There's $35 in MIR's.

    If you leave things out of the order like, Optical Drive, HDD and Even RAM (since all these brands can be found at any retailer) you will save shipping. So you might even be under budget.


    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16817341019
    OCZ StealthXStream OCZ700SXS 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply
    $89.99


    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820231303
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM
    $119.99


    Western Digital AV-GP WD5000AVDS 500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    $54.99

    Sony Optiarc 24X DVD/CD Rewritable Drive Black SATA Model AD-7240S-0B
    $21.99

    1 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16819103818
    AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Model HDZ550WFK2DGI
    $89.99

    1 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814121363
    ASUS CuCore Series EAH5770 CuCore/2DI/1GD5 Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
    -$8.00 Instant
    $10.00 Mail-in Rebate Card
    $167.99
    $159.99

    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813130223
    MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard
    $179.99

    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811129070
    Antec Two Hundred Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    $59.99


    I still say you go with the Smilidon case... it's rad.
  17. Recent developments have bumped up my budget to $950 CDN! I have been reading reviews and looking at the recommended components and am quite impressed with what is available for the money. How does this extra cash change your build recommendations?
  18. wexer9 said:
    Recent developments have bumped up my budget to $950 CDN! I have been reading reviews and looking at the recommended components and am quite impressed with what is available for the money. How does this extra cash change your build recommendations?


    I would just upgrade the case. Back to the Smilidon maybe?? Bonus is you get an extra PSU with this as a back up. Or sell it on the PSU black market, muahhahha. IMO, the Smily is a much better "show" case than any antec, if you are into asthetics. The Smily just looks something pure outta Tron.

    Or, if you absolutely must have a factory quad core, upgrade to that. But like I said, games dont require more than two and the 550/555 unlock is almost a sure bet.

    Theres not much else to change really, thats a rock solid system. On paper, based on pure specs, it should run games better than mine, and I am at a point where there is really no room for improvement, unless you want to game above 1920x1080.

    I would just say a better case.

    FYI, if you happen to live in the Toronto area, someone is selling an Antec 900 for $80.
  19. If you are ordering online, I would leave the case out of the build and buy in person somewhere, it really eats into your budget on shipping. Doing that leaves you with $110 for a really nice case.

    I really can't say changing any of the core components.

    I was gonna suggest changing mobo's to the ASUS crosshair IV, for triple sli/crossfire, but that goes over your new budget.
  20. There are probably some components I can buy in store to save some money, and thank you for the tip on the case. I will definitely try to find a good one in store.
  21. You can go to CanadaComputers to buy a case. Where do you live in Canada?
  22. Ontario, so yes, I can go to Canada Computers. :)
  23. Hmmm... having second thoughts about the MSI motherboard. If you can, look for an ASUS crosshair III or IV , between 220-230, and would go back to a case in the Antec 200 range. I think it would be worth the extra few bucks for a better true x16 x16 crossfire board.
  24. Check this case out at Canada Computers, it can fit cards of up to 10.5". That means you could fit a nice 5850.

    http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=6_112&item_id=026868
  25. Thanks, I'll check out that case.

    By the way, I feel I am missing something...I was adding up the prices of some of the builds and came up several hundred dollars short of the prices that were listed as the total.

    For example:

    puntacana1 said:

    1
    GIGABYTE GA-790XT-USB3 ATX AMD Motherboard
    Item #:N82E16813128427
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy $134.99
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813128427
    1
    XFX Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) HD-577A-ZNFC Video Card
    Item #:N82E16814150447
    Return Policy: VGA Standard Return Policy $169.99
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150447

    1
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
    Item #:N82E16820231303
    Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy $119.99
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231303

    1
    AMD Athlon II X3 440 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor
    Item #:N82E16819103843
    Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy $79.99
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103843

    1
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    Item #:N82E16822136218
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy $69.99
    1
    Sony Optiarc Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1678A
    Item #:N82E16827131061
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy $19.49
    1
    RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP Black Foldout MB Computer Case With Side Panel Window
    Item #:N82E16811156062

    817.89 all in


    [Adding in the RAIDMAX SMILODON, price is missing in post]

    $134.99 + $169.99 + $119.99 + $79.99 + $69.99 + $19.49 + $89.99 = $684.43

    Clearly I am just missing something here and I apologize in advance for my ignorance. Thanks! :)
  26. Only high quality parts.

    HAF 922 $89, $79 after rebates - http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=6_112&item_id=023780

    AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition $183.99 - http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=4_64&item_id=027383

    ASUS M4A78T-E $124.99, 109.99 after rebates - http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_340&item_id=021508

    G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ $119.99 - http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_311_312_611&item_id=026153

    Seagate Barracuda 1TB $79.99 - http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=15_210_212&item_id=021907

    ASUS SATA DVD ROM DRIVE/BURNER $28.99 - http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=3_61&item_id=029356

    Sapphire HD 5770 $179.99 - http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_557_558&item_id=026405

    Corsair HX Series Modular Power Supply 650W $129.99, $119.99 after rebates - http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_443&item_id=025887

    Total = $937.92

    Total after Rebates = ~$895

    What do you think?
  27. Cool build, but I'm not so sure about the GPU, but I have been eying exactly that processor for a while. :)
  28. still say you focus on a true x16 dual link xfire board, and go with the AMD 555 BE to still fit in the budget. Remember, the extra money for a factory quad core might be wasted if your just focusing on gaming. Dont forget, the likelihood of unlocking the two extra cores is very high. Nothing in life is for certain, but it sure is a kick @ss bonus.
  29. Wow, I found a new site to work with. From BC again, so right off the bat, not paying PST and FREE shipping!

    Key Points:

    back to a 1TB HDD
    Upgraded to HD 5830 GPU
    Better Mobo, still with true x16 crossfire. (Ok, so I am partial to Gigabyte, I think they are the most trouble free mobos and they are all I work with)


    Zalman Z7 Balck ATX Mid Tower Case 5X3.5IN 4X5.35IN 120MM Fans Front USB Mic eSATA Headphone No PSU In Stock usually ships in 1-2 business days 1 $56.71
    http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/227356/Z7/ZALMAN%20TECH/

    XFX Radeon HD 5830 800MHZ 1GB 4.0GHZ DDR5 2XDVI HDMI DP PCI-E DIRECTX11 Video Card In Stock usually ships in 1-2 business days 1 $245.63
    http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/227389/HD583XZNFV/XFX/

    Western Digital WD1001FALS Caviar Black 1TB SATA2 7200RPM 4.2MS 32MB 3.5IN Dual Proc Hard Drive OEM
    http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/177741/WD1001FALS/Western%20Digital/
    10 per customer. In Stock usually ships in 1-2 business days 1 $89.79

    OCZ StealthXStream 700W ATX12V 20/24PIN Active PFC ATX Power Supply 120MM Fan Black In Stock usually ships in 1-2 business days 1 $79.29
    http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/216767/OCZ700SXS/OCZ%20Technology/

    LG GH22NS50 Black 22X SATA DVD Writer OEM In Stock usually ships in 1-2 business days 1 $19.72
    http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/217563/GH22NS50/LG%20Electronics/


    AMD Phenom II X2 555 Dual Core Processor AM3 3.2GHZ 6MB L3 Cache 80W 45NM Retail Box In Stock usually ships in 1-2 business days 1 $109.34
    http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/226969/HDZ555WFGMBOX/AMD/

    Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5 AMD790FX ATX AM3 DDR3 3PCI-E 3-WAY CrossFireX 2GBLAN SATA3 USB3.0 Motherboard In Stock usually ships in 1-2 business days 1 $185.32
    http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/224161/GA-790FXTA-UD5/Gigabyte/

    G.SKILL F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM Ripjaws PC3-10666 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-1333 CL8-8-8-24 Core i5 Memory Kit In Stock usually ships in 1-2 business days 1 $120.79
    http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/219721/F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM/G.SKILL/


    Shipping & Handling $0.00
    Shipping Insurance $0.00
    Subtotal $906.59
    GST(5%) $45.33
    No PST - Outside BC residents $0.00
    TOTAL $951.92

    $966 if you buy insurance.

    I'm pretty sure you can't beat this price, especially with a 5830 and true x16 mobo
  30. All you need is a triple core processor for gaming. It has the best performance for the money. Also, this build gives you a 5850 which is the standard for high end gaming right now. You will not need True x16 crossfire performance, it only improves very little over 8x unless you are crossfiring two 5970's.

    If you want to add a 1 TB drive to this its only like 30 bucks more. Also, a decent DVDRW drive is only 25-30 bucks.


    SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    Item #: N82E16822152181
    $54.99

    ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard
    Item #: N82E16813131402
    $118.99

    XFX HD-585X-ZNFV Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity
    $309.99

    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    Item #: N82E16820231277
    $109.99


    AMD Athlon II X3 440 Rana 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor Model ADX440WFGIBOX
    Item #: N82E16819103843
    $74.99


    COMBO :

    Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V Ver.2.2 / EPS12V version 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified ...
    Item #: N82E16817371015
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy


    Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    Item #: N82E16811129066
    Return Policy: Limited Replacement Only Return Policy

    $119.98


    Subtotal: $788.93

    That is USD, I believe 1 CAD is 1.01 USD right now (you Canadians are doing a bit better that us I guess haha).
  31. antisyzygy said:
    All you need is a triple core processor for gaming. It has the best performance. Also, this build gives you a 5850 which is the standard for high end gaming right now.

    SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    Item #: N82E16822152181
    $54.99

    ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard
    Item #: N82E16813131402
    $118.99

    XFX HD-585X-ZNFV Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity
    $309.99

    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    Item #: N82E16820231277
    $109.99


    AMD Athlon II X3 440 Rana 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor Model ADX440WFGIBOX
    Item #: N82E16819103843
    $74.99


    COMBO :

    Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V Ver.2.2 / EPS12V version 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified ...
    Item #: N82E16817371015
    Return Policy: Standard Return Policy


    Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    Item #: N82E16811129066
    Return Policy: Limited Replacement Only Return Policy

    $119.98


    Subtotal: $788.93

    That is USD, I believe 1 CAD is 1.01 USD right now (you Canadians are doing a bit better that us I guess haha).



    True about the exchange, but the prices do not reflect the exchange. Generally you guys are paying 10-15% less for parts :(

    Plus, the free shipping section on Newegg US destroys the Canuck site!! :fou:

    There's only 4 CPUs with free shipping lol and one of them is a sempron!
  32. Other way around there anti. You get 1.02 CAD for 1 USD...

    And I would make these changes:

    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 to get a little more future proof.

    Case/PSU: I'd also consider stepping up to the Antec 900 or HAF 922 to get a little more room to work with. The 750W Antec (or Corsair) would also give you a little more headroom in terms of power demands.
  33. MadAdmiral said:
    Other way around there anti. You get 1.02 CAD for 1 USD...

    And I would make these changes:

    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 to get a little more future proof.

    Case/PSU: I'd also consider stepping up to the Antec 900 or HAF 922 to get a little more room to work with. The 750W Antec (or Corsair) would also give you a little more headroom in terms of power demands.



    Yes. You are right, I believe I did the price calculation incorrect as well.
  34. puntacana1 said:
    True about the exchange, but the prices do not reflect the exchange. Generally you guys are paying 10-15% less for parts :(

    Plus, the free shipping section on Newegg US destroys the Canuck site!! :fou:

    There's only 4 CPUs with free shipping lol and one of them is a sempron!



    At that rate Id ship it to Montana or whatever state is below you and run the border!
  35. Best answer
    Here's some Canadian prices/links:

    CPU: X3 440 77
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 160
    RAM: G.Skill Eco 2x2 GB 1600 CL 7 122
    HDD: Seagate 7200.12 1 TB 85
    GPU: HD 5850 316
    Case: Coolermaster 690 70
    PSU: Corsair 750W 113 before 20 USD rebate (93 in total)

    Total: $943. If you need an optical drive, it'll cost another 20-25.
  36. MadAdmiral said:
    Here's some Canadian prices/links:

    CPU: X3 440 77
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 160
    RAM: G.Skill Eco 2x2 GB 1600 CL 7 122
    HDD: Seagate 7200.12 1 TB 85
    GPU: HD 5850 316
    Case: Coolermaster 690 70
    PSU: Corsair 750W 113 before 20 USD rebate (93 in total)

    Total: $943. If you need an optical drive, it'll cost another 20-25.


    ^ + 1 for that
  37. MadAdmiral said:
    Here's some Canadian prices/links:

    CPU: X3 440 77
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 160
    RAM: G.Skill Eco 2x2 GB 1600 CL 7 122
    HDD: Seagate 7200.12 1 TB 85
    GPU: HD 5850 316
    Case: Coolermaster 690 70
    PSU: Corsair 750W 113 before 20 USD rebate (93 in total)

    Total: $943. If you need an optical drive, it'll cost another 20-25.


    Any chance of fitting in a mobo thats true x16x16 crossfire without skimping on something too significant?
  38. You don't need 16x/16x. It's a 4% performance gain over 8x/8x, and is only noticeable with 5970s. It also costs around $50 US, so likely it won't fit in the budget.
  39. MadAdmiral said:
    You don't need 16x/16x. It's a 4% performance gain over 8x/8x, and is only noticeable with 5970s. It also costs around $50 US, so likely it won't fit in the budget.


    Thanks man,

    This is exactly the kind of input this thread needs!
  40. puntacana1 said:
    Thanks man,

    This is exactly the kind of input this thread needs!


    Indeed, it's nice to nice to know that I can save a significant amount of money excluding that. :D

    By the way, that looks like an excellent build. That graphics card is pretty beast. One question, though, is that triple-core processor still suitable for occasional application work such as photo-editing, CD ripping and even video editing?

    Thanks in advance. :)
  41. Occasionally, I would say yes. Especially if you are able to unlock the fourth core. If you do it more often than occasionally, or find yourself currently waiting on these tasks an exceptional amount, you may want to consider getting the X4 630.
  42. I can't speak to the build, since I have slight experience in speccing out parts, but I will say that the three/four unlocked processor will do you just fine for your "occasional" bits.

    (FWIW, CD/DVD ripping doesn't take CPU - once you've decrypted the CSS key (if any), you're done, and it's limited only by the speed of your optical drive and HD).
  43. All parts selected from ncix.com after price matching.

    AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad Core Processor 3.2GHZ AM3 8MB Cache 125W Retail Box
    Usually ships in 1-2 business days.
    In Stock 47459 $192.29 $192.29
    Price Match request for the above item
    Competitor's price: $169.99, source url: http://www.memoryhouse.com/products/...HDZ955FBGMBOX/
    Please read our Price Match terms & conditions for details.
    $169.99 $169.99

    Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 AMD870 ATX AM3 DDR3 1PCI-E 2PCI RAID HD Sound GBLAN SATA3 USB3.0 Motherboard
    Back Order 52049 $109.99 $109.99
    Price Match request for the above item
    Competitor's price: $107.90, source url: http://www.directcanada.com/products...cture=GIGABYTE
    Please read our Price Match terms & conditions for details.
    $107.90 $107.90

    XFX Radeon HD 5770 850MHZ 1GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 2XDVI HDMI Display Port DIRECTX11 PCI-E Video Card
    Usually ships in 1-2 business days.
    In Stock 48038 $179.99 $179.99
    Price Match request for the above item
    Competitor's price: $159.97, source url: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...121&CatId=3669
    Please read our Price Match terms & conditions for details.
    $159.97 $159.97

    G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Ripjaws PC3-12800 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Core i5 1.5V Memory Kit
    Usually ships in 1-2 business days.
    In Stock 42745 $129.99 $129.99
    Price Match request for the above item
    Competitor's price: $108.29, source url: http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/?s...2800cl9d-4gbrl
    Please read our Price Match terms & conditions for details.
    $108.29 $108.29

    Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB SATA2 7200RPM 32MB Cache 3.5IN Hard Drive OEM
    Usually ships in 1-2 business days.
    In Stock 49262 $99.99 $99.99
    Price Match request for the above item
    Competitor's price: $77.22, source url: http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/?s...msung%20spinpo
    The Price Match you submitted has a difference of 20% or more. This may be because the price you are trying to match is in US dollars. We will review the Price Match and let you know if it's valid. Please read our Price Match terms & conditions for details.
    $77.22 $77.22

    LG GH22NS50 Black 22X SATA DVD Writer OEM
    Usually ships in 1-2 business days.
    In Stock 40435 $29.99 $29.99
    Price Match request for the above item
    Competitor's price: $19.72, source url: http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/?s...=lg%20gh22ns50
    The Price Match you submitted has a difference of 20% or more. This may be because the price you are trying to match is in US dollars. We will review the Price Match and let you know if it's valid. Please read our Price Match terms & conditions for details.
    $19.72 $19.72

    Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus Direct Touch 4 Heatpipe Heatsink AM2 AM3 LGA1366 LGA775 LGA1156 120MM
    Usually ships in 1-2 business days.
    In Stock 41337 $29.36 $29.36
    Price Match request for the above item
    Competitor's price: $22.00, source url: http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/21.../COOLERMASTER/
    The Price Match you submitted has a difference of 20% or more. This may be because the price you are trying to match is in US dollars. We will review the Price Match and let you know if it's valid. Please read our Price Match terms & conditions for details.
    $22.00 $22.00

    OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W ATX 20/24PIN SLI Ready Modular Cables 135mm Fan 80PLUS Power Supply
    Usually ships in 1-2 business days.
    To keep this price, you have to check out within 6 days.
    In Stock 35456 $94.99 $94.99
    Price Match request for the above item
    Competitor's price: $79.85, source url: http://www.directcanada.com/products...Z%20TECHNOLOGY
    Please read our Price Match terms & conditions for details.
    $79.85 $79.85 - $25.00 MIR

    Coolermaster Haf 922 Mid Tower ATX Case Black 5X5.25 5X3.5INT Front Audio USB eSATA No PSU
    Usually ships in 1-2 business days.
    In Stock 38996 $129.99 $129.99
    Price Match request for the above item
    Competitor's price: $92.40, source url: http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/21..._922M_KKN1_GP/
    The Price Match you submitted has a difference of 20% or more. This may be because the price you are trying to match is in US dollars. We will review the Price Match and let you know if it's valid. Please read our Price Match terms & conditions for details.
    $92.40 $92.40 - $10.00 MIR

    Total BEFORE Price Match $996.58
    YOUR TOTAL $837.34 - $35.00 MIR
    + 5% tax if you're outside B.C
    + (optional) $50 for PC Assembly and Testing with 1 Year Limited NCIX System Warranty (PRE-CONFIG WIN. OS If Purchased)

    If you don't like OCZ PSU then you can get this Seasonic instead.

    Seasonic M12II 620W EPS12V 20/24PIN ATX PFC 80+ Bronze Modular Connectors 6PIN PCI-W *IR-$20*
    Usually ships in 1-2 business days.
    In Stock 52176 $89.99 $89.99
  44. MadAdmiral said:
    Here's some Canadian prices/links:

    CPU: X3 440 77
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 160
    RAM: G.Skill Eco 2x2 GB 1600 CL 7 122
    HDD: Seagate 7200.12 1 TB 85
    GPU: HD 5850 316
    Case: Coolermaster 690 70
    PSU: Corsair 750W 113 before 20 USD rebate (93 in total)

    Total: $943. If you need an optical drive, it'll cost another 20-25.


    Is this a good Optical Drive to go with this build?

    SAMSUNG 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 4X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24x DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM ($29.99)

    It was recommended earlier on in the thread. Apparently it has a lot of cables, so requires a large case. Is the recommended case sufficient? Or is there a better/cheaper drive that someone would recommend?
  45. Whatever is the cheapest lol. They are all the same.
  46. puntacana1 said:
    Whatever is the cheapest lol. They are all the same.


    Actually, I read somewhere on Tom's Hardware that, surprisingly, there is still a significant difference between Optical Drives. I will have to dig up that article...
  47. wexer9 said:
    Actually, I read somewhere on Tom's Hardware that, surprisingly, there is still a significant difference between Optical Drives. I will have to dig up that article...


    I would just go by reviews on newegg. The sony optiarc is one of the lowest price with the best rack record.
  48. Best answer selected by wexer9.
  49. MadAdmiral said:
    Here's some Canadian prices/links:

    CPU: X3 440 77
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 160
    RAM: G.Skill Eco 2x2 GB 1600 CL 7 122
    HDD: Seagate 7200.12 1 TB 85
    GPU: HD 5850 316
    Case: Coolermaster 690 70
    PSU: Corsair 750W 113 before 20 USD rebate (93 in total)

    Total: $943. If you need an optical drive, it'll cost another 20-25.


    Well, I think my final build is going to be a variant on this, incorporating the things I have learned from the contributors to this thread. I just wanted to thank all of you for the hard work you put into helping me design my computer, and can honestly say I am a hundred times more knowledgeable about hardware than I was before I created this thread. I used to know dick all about AMD and ATi, thinking they were inferior knockoffs of Intel and Nvidia. Thank you for opening my eyes!

    Cheers,

    wexer9
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems