GTS8800 issues

Clockworks

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
COMP specc :
core duo e6600 2.4 GHZ un-clocked (About to get a new fan )
4 gigs of ram ddr2
geforce gTs8800 640 MB
asus striker extreme

im finding my graphics card temp to be extremely high 100 degrees while playing cod 80 degrees whilst at rest .
thot maybe the fan was not operating at maximum speed but EVGA precision tells me its looked at 100 % speed . im at a loss for a solution as i cleaned the case just last month . im using the stock cooling on everything at the moment but the case has 4 fans already set up on them ..

Clockworks

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
y failed to clean the video cards fan during the last dust off i did ill give it a go tomorow also decided to buy some thermal paste but was planning to apply that to the processor also running a bit high (60-80ish iddle/activity) .
thx for the quick replies btw will let u know how the cleaning affects temps and perfs tomorowz

timaishu

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
My setup is almost exactly the same as yours.

These cards seem to run hot. Mine is idleing at 83C right now. However, in game it goes up only a few degrees. Mine has never gone over 90C.

I should remove my car as well and blast some air in and see what happens.

Clockworks

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
P ro blem fixed after i cleaned it it is now running at 50 iddle and 70 while runnin g cod +a movie on second screen .performance issues are gone as well thx a lot for the help.