Thinking about having this Computer Custom Built is it a good choise

VistaVendetta

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
I'm thinking about getting it from ibuypower. (Note I already have an ATI 4650 1gb card so I'm just gonna crossfire it with the card that comes with this computer, since I'm not gonna use it for Crysis or anything like that)

1) Case:
NZXT Gamma Mid Tower Gaming Case Black
2) iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction
Basic - iBUYPOWER Harmony SRS Sound Reduction System Reduce System Noise
3) Processor:
[== Six Core ==] AMD Phenom™ II X6 1090T Black Edition Six-Core CPU
4) Processor Cooling:
Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ 120mm Radiator (AMD)
5) Memory:
8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1333 Memory Module Corsair or Major Brand ** FREE Upgrade to Corsair XMS3 Dominator **
6) Video Card:
ATI Radeon HD 4650 – 1GB - Single Card
7) Motherboard:
[CrossFire] ASUS M4A87TD EVO -- AMD 870 CrossFire Chipset w/8-h HD Audio, Gb Lan, 2 PCI-E MB
8) Power Supply:
650 Watt -- Casegears ECO-Element 80 Plus Certificated High Efficiency Power Supply SLI Ready
9) Primary Hard Drive:
64 GB Kingston SSDNow V Series MLC SSD - Single Drive
10) Data Hard Drive:
500 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive
11) Optical Drive:
24X Sony Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive Black
12) 2nd Optical Drive:
24X Sony Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive Black
13) Flash Media Reader/Writer:
12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer - Black
14) Sound Card:
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy SE
15) Operating System:
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + [Free 60-Day !!!] Microsoft Office 2007(Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access ....) - 64-Bit

The thing is that a few years down the line I'll still be able to upgrade the video card, memory, and psu. But a few years down the line I wont be able to upgrade the CPU because nobody will be selling them anymore or if they are they will be too expensive/ or incompatible with my mobo. So I'm thinking that if I wanna stay in my price range I should get the best CPU for the money and the rest of the stuff should be just good enough.

cmcghee358

Distinguished
I'm not going to lie, as soon as I say a 6-core 1090T and a Casegears PSU I lost my will to look this over.

These forums are a treasure trove of information on builds.

Honestly no one here is going to recommend going to CyberpowerPC or iBuypower.

But what you can do is ask for help, following the stickied template, and use our knowledge to show you quality parts within yor budget for your needs.

I guess what I'm saying is, you can take the easy way and have iBuypower put you together an overpriced computer that skimps on the parts wherever they can.

Or you can do some research on these forums, and learn what quality components are.

THEN you can take that information and either build your own, or learn how to recognize a craptastic deal, which honestly is what you presented here. No offense. Also just curious, how much is this going to cost?

VistaVendetta

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
yeah u do have a point it might be better to build it myself, just one problem; I pretty much know how to put a computer together but my weakness is software, how do you isntall an OS, the drivers, everything, thats the hard part for me, thats why I want IBP to do it.