Sign in with
Your question

Computer to tv audio stopped working

July 12, 2010 6:43:28 AM

Please bear with me, as I know very little about computers, but I'll try my best to describe the situation.

I have my computer audio hooked up to my computer with a Belkin RCA? cable (black 3.5mm on one end and red and white on the other), and it's been working just fine for the past 6-7 months. However, I unplugged my computer and cleaned out all of the dust, being careful not to damage anything. I plugged everything back in and it'll display on my tv just fine, and everything else works just like before, but the audio -will not- come through the tv. I pulled out a set of old USB speakers and plugged them in...worked just fine.

Part of the problem is that I can't remember which jack to plug the 3.5mm thing into. I would assume the green one (front I think it's called?). I tried that...no go. Then I tried all 5 of the others, and I get nothing. I've tried unplugging it from the tv and the computer ,restarting, etc. Nothing seems to work, and I've been at it for 3 hours or so.

What am I doing wrong/not doing? I don't recall having any issues when I bought it and hooked it up initially. I feel like there's something really simple that I'm overlooking. I hope that's the case. Thanks in advance guys.
!