Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need a computer Case.

Last response: in Systems
May 5, 2010 1:07:00 AM

Well, after a lot of research and viewing over 500 Computer Cases on NewEgg, I cannot come to a decision. I would only like suggestions from NewEgg as that is where I will be getting all of my parts from.

My set up will be:
ASUS M4A89TD PRO AM3 AMD 890FX
XFX 5850 (Already have)
AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE
A-DATA 2x2GB DDR3 1333 RAM
WD Caviar Black 640GB Hard Drive.
Sony Opticar DVD Burner
780W PSU (Already have)

I would really like to save some Money on the case, try to keep the/ any suggestion under $100CAD! Please, I ask that you use the .ca as the .com does list some items that are not available in Canada, or atleast the .ca site.
http://www.NewEgg.ca/

Right now, I have a modified Linkworld something or other and I am not satisfied with it's performance at all! Anything with larger fans (Above 80mm!) is highly accepted.

Thank you,

CFTait.

More about : computer case

May 5, 2010 1:08:27 AM

CFTait said:
Well, after a lot of research and viewing over 500 Computer Cases on NewEgg, I cannot come to a decision. I would only like suggestions from NewEgg as that is where I will be getting all of my parts from.

My set up will be:
ASUS M4A89TD PRO AM3 AMD 890FX
XFX 5850 (Already have)
AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE
A-DATA 2x2GB DDR3 1333 RAM
WD Caviar Black 640GB Hard Drive.
Sony Opticar DVD Burner
780W PSU (Already have)

I would really like to save some Money on the case, try to keep the/ any suggestion under $100CAD! Please, I ask that you use the .ca as the .com does list some items that are not available in Canada, or atleast the .ca site.
http://www.NewEgg.ca/

Right now, I have a modified Linkworld something or other and I am not satisfied with it's performance at all! Anything with larger fans (Above 80mm!) is highly accepted.

Thank you,

CFTait.

The Antec 300's and 900's are pretty sweet cases. Make sure you get the Illusion or whatever for the fans to be already installed.
m
l
May 5, 2010 1:11:23 AM

+1 for the Antec's. HAF 922 is a nice case too, albeit "bulky".
m
l
Related resources
May 5, 2010 1:15:23 AM

Lian-li Lancool PC-K62 is a nice mid-tower case
m
l
May 5, 2010 11:20:45 AM

My favorites are (random order) :
Antec 300
Antec 900 and 900 II
Coolermaster CM690 and CM690II
Coolermaster HAF 922 and HAF932

m
l
May 5, 2010 12:15:34 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, but most are OVER $100. I'm not a die hard fan of 'over priced' computer cases. Anything over $100 is way over priced for a case, in my opinion. I have decided to go with a cheap $30 case and modify it.
m
l
May 5, 2010 1:31:19 PM

Those are only 2 from 11 suggestions, as I said most are over $100 and I had said thank you for the suggestions.
m
l
May 5, 2010 1:54:32 PM

CFTait said:
Those are only 2 from 11 suggestions, as I said most are over $100 and I had said thank you for the suggestions.

And? Why have you decided to go for cheap case and then modify it?
Two of the suggestions do have price less than $100.
Those 2 are among the top of my favorite cases.
In fact, I would also not go beyond $100 for the case.
That is why I use CM690 (first edition, it was 3 years ago no version II yet).
m
l
May 5, 2010 2:09:17 PM

guanyu210379 said:
And? Why have you decided to go for cheap case and then modify it?
Two of the suggestions do have price less than $100.
Those 2 are among the top of my favorite cases.
In fact, I would also not go beyond $100 for the case.
That is why I use CM690 (first edition, it was 3 years ago no version II yet).

Well, I would like to expand my 'computer skills' :)  I had been thinking about building my own case from scratch; (I have access to a Shop) but then, I decided to just buy a case, now I'm on to getting a cheap case and modifying. It's normal for me to change my mind a million times. I have changed the above configuration over 50 times. Once I have this computer sold (withing the next few weeks) I'll have a good configuration set in stone and I am in no way or form saying that the mentioned cases are lacking in performance; I would just like to get a case that I feel is customizable :) 
m
l

Best solution

May 5, 2010 2:14:24 PM

If that is the case...hmmm...you can find any used big enough cases in e-bay...I think it is a better solution ...Most of the cheap cases are simply too small.
Dismantle the used case and do whatever you want.
May 5, 2010 2:39:39 PM

I have found a good sized case and it's pretty cheap ($25 w/ free shipping) I will most likely strip it down and rebuild it. I have done quit a bit of metal work in the past and will get it done quickly and hopefully the outcome is a good one. I've also made about 10 different 'unique' designs for a computer case; showed them to friends and family and they seem to be appealing to the eye, so I may go with one of them. It all comes down to personal preference, because, you are the one looking at it/ using it most of the time :)  I'm sure I'll have a solid plan, once I get it.
m
l
May 15, 2010 12:16:24 AM

Best answer selected by CFTait.
m
l
!