merlinm21

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
I have been having this issua about 2 weeks now when powering on pc i see my graphics card info then the mesage to pres del to enter setup and then there is sometimes 1-3 clicking noises coming from HDD sometimes followed by the error disk boot failure? i beleive thats what it said.
50% of the time when i hear these noises if i enter bios first it does not even see my HDD
does this mean my drive is failing? I had a sort of lose-ish sata cable which i replaced but did not change anything

This is a good indication that the drive is dying, backup your data NOW. It is possible that the drive is not faulty and that the fault is due to the motherboards interface. You should download the manufacture of your hard drive diagnostic software from their web site, you will need to do this anyway if you return the drive under warranty which on some drives can be as long as five years. (check on web site)

merlinm21

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
I have another drive from another pc can i use this in place of the dying one? i know it wont run just putting it in but could i boot to cd restore disk,format and install new windows on it?

merlinm21

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
ah ok i have new drive installed and working but now i have some odd new hardware found message on an audio device?
message is audio device on high definition audio bus
which is odd because in all my restores in the past it has never found this and i cant seem to find drivers?

most mb use realteck for there audio drivers. use cpu-z to read your mb info then google the info of the mb. realteck makes two drivers the old ac97 drivers and the hd audio drivers. depending on the audio chipset will be the drivers you need to download.
if it a dell or hp they also used creative labs and other sound cards..you may have to open the case and read the name and model of the sound card to get the right drivers.

merlinm21

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012

yeah it has the realtek but i figured out what was causing it pretty much
i have a geforce 545gt card and thats what was needing the hd audio driver which i dont totally understand because thats just a video card? it has no audio input or outputs i dont think