Help me choose a prebuilt

Hello everyone, I have saved some money recently and I'm planing to buy a nice PC. I've searched around and found sone nice PC's, I want to know whitch is best overall

I want to buy the best possible gaming PC from these choices:

Widow WGMI-2P5500
-Core i7 860 @ 2.8 GHz
-8GB DDR3 Memory
-ATi Radeon HD5870
-Lightscribe DVD+/-RW
-Windows 7 Premium 64 Bit

Systemax X58 Extreme Preformance
-Core i7 930 @ 2.8 GHz
-12GB DDR3 Memory
-2x GTX 260 in SLi

iBuyPower Gamer Supreme 940LC930
-Core i7 930 @ 2.8GHz
-12GB DDR3 Memory
-Blu ray combo
-ATi Radeon HD5850

Gateway FX6831-03
-Core i7 860 @ 2.8GHz
-16 GB DDR3 Memory
-1.5TB HDD
-ATi Radeon HD5850
-Blu ray supermulti
-Windows 7 Premium 64 bit

=========L A P T O P=======
Asus G73JH-A1
-17'3 LED screen
-Core i7 720m
-8GB DDR3 Memory
-ATi Radeon HD5870 Mobility
-Blu ray combo
-Windows 7 Premium 64 bit

So can you help me and tell me which is best? Im a big gamer, Photoshopper and Video game mapper.
I threw in the laptop so you guys can compare its power to the others and that I would love using a PC somwhere comfortable like on a bed.

So post what you think is the best & why, feel free to make other suggestions and comments My budget is $2000.. just dont tell me to build it myself, my parents wont let me... thanks in advanced
8 answers Last reply
More about help choose prebuilt
  1. None of above builds are optimized for gaming. 12GB, 8GB and 16GB of RAM none of this is required for gaming. Choice 1 would be the best though, as a 5870 is slightly better then 2 GTX260s and it isn't a multi-GPU setup.

However if you really can't build your own, which you totally should. Then look for different builds as these aren't the good for the money for gaming. Also you would see a lot less performance with a Laptop.

You should really convince your parents that building is safe and that you are 1337 enough. The amount of money you save is high and the experience in great.
  2. Why don't you build it yourself?
    Reasons :
    1. You don't know the components qualities of those prebuild. Same spec doesn't mean same quality.

2. The ability of being able to build your own rig is very profitable...I mean profitable... selling self built rigs gives you profit...

3. Prebuild usually more expensive with their quality, again...the specs could be the same.

4. Building rigs is just fun.

5. There will be no more PC salesmen who can cheat you after being able to build your own rig.

6. After building you rig. Installing OS and getting it running is also very profitable.....believe time your PC or your friends PC is can fix it yourself...again..can be profitable...and no more ..."Mamaaaaa, my computer is broken can you call the someone to repair it?"

7. I find it embarrasing,when someone install a game and then complains that the game won't run...this happens to a friend of mine.....hellooo...he tried to install Crysis on PIII 800 + 256MB SDRAM + FX5200....This won't happen if you now your hardware..Building yourself makes that you know what is inside your computer and have the basic knowledge to understand minimum/recomended requirements of games....

Many more reasons..

BTW : If you run into troubles building your got us here in this forum..
  3. If you could follow the instructions in the How to Ask for New Build Advice thread, people will be able to come up with a more accurate answer for you. Specifically, intended usage, monitor resolution, and budget are very important pieces of information.

Please be aware that this is a homebuilt forum, and most of the answers you get are going to be directed at building it yourself. You are also likely to get many posts telling you to build it yourself. You certainly don't have to, and you can take the recommendations given and attempt to apply them to a pre-built, but it's not always going to fit quite right. The reason regulars on this forum aren't interested in pre-built computers is because typically those businesses cut corners on some of the less-visible parts, such as the power supply, RAM, and hard drives. This doesn't make them bad people, but it does mean that the parts may not be as good as if you bought them yourself and built the computer on your own.

The best choice of the ones listed is #1. I'm guessing it's listed somewhere north of $2000? I expect that a better gaming rig could be built for significantly less.

And I don't want to know what Gateway is charging for 16 GB of RAM.
  4. Well my parents are gonna let me guys :D!! But one thing im scared of is DOA parts, should I really worry about them??
  5. Parts rarely come DOA. A lot of DOA horror stories you hear are due to people not knowing what they're doing. Read through the "Step-by-Step Guide to Building a PC" and "PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about boot/no video problems!" stickies at the top of the forum to help you build the system and avoid the most common mistakes.
  6. So you can build it? Great!

Here are the stuff (you can find all of them at

i7 930
    ATI 5870 OR 5850
    Samsung F3 500GB for DATA/Games,etc
    Intel X25-M G2 80GB for OS + main programs + a few games
    6GB DDR3 GSkill Ripjaws or ECO
    Corsair 750TX or XFX 850
    CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ OR Core Contact Freezer with LGA1366 bracket (the stock HSF is cr@p)
    HAF 922 case
    Windows 7 x64

That should all be close to $2k.

Do you need an LCD?
  7. "Well my parents are gonna let me guys"

^ Above is recommending a i7 930, do you really think that is really necessary? I'd think a Phenom II build would be better for his uses.
  8. ^ Agreed. I just maxed out the budget for the max performance possible.

AMD build:
    Phenom II X4/Athlon II X3
    ASUS AM3 EVO 790X
    2*2GB DDR3 1600 GSkill Ripjaws.
    Everything else the same as the Intel.

One more thing: You will need a DVD burner for both builds.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Windows 7 Intel i7 Systems