CPU no Sound after installing Graphic Card [Please Help]

windzstriker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010
Hi guys,

I just bought a Sapphire HD5750 Vapor X graphic card and a new PSU. I reformat my CPU and installed all the necessary drivers provided by the CD given when I bought the MOBO initially.

All the installations were successful except now my CPU has no sound. :eek:

55576017.png

This is the screen on my device manager.
I notice there is this "ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA01"
I didn't see this when I had the previous graphic card.

Is this the main problem ?

Sidenote:
I went into BIOs and this is the available options on top:

Main -- Advance -- PCIPnP --- Boot --- Chipset --- T-Series ---

I focus on the "Chipset" tab...

Chipset ---> Onboard Peripherals Configuration ---> Realtek PCIE NIC [Enabled]
--- > Realtek Option ROM [Disable]

Chipset ---> RS780 Configuration ---> Internal Graphics Configuration ---> AMD780 HD Audio [Enabled]

Some of the things that I have tried but to no effects:

1) Install the latest Realtek Audio Driver.
2) Disable the "ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA01" in device manager.

I connect the sound through the "green" Line Out jack and to my TV.
I really need help over here...Anyone have any suggestions for me to try it out. Many Thanks for those that help me.

Mixing sound devices sometimes causes conflicts. I would uninstall all the sound devices in the windows control panel and start over. After you remove the devices, reboot and let windows search for the drivers with your sound driver cd in your optical drive.

windzstriker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010

Sorry you mean control panel ---> sound, speech and audio device ---> sound and audio devices ???

but dont have the (green circle w/ check mark)..., or u refering to when i double -click the Realtek Audio Manager ?

windzstriker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010

ok i will try it now

obsolete99

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2010

Sorry, I got caught up assuming your OS was Win 7. Guess the ol' saying proves true...

Anyway... if you go to what you typed and click the Audio tab --> Sound Playback, what's listed as the Default device and what are your other options in the drop-down menu?

windzstriker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010

All are stated Realtek and no other options except Realtek

If your sound isn't working, you should have a red circle with slash mark somewhere in the realtek icon on the lower right side of your screen in the windows task bar. If you don't see it, assume you have a bad connection somewhere and the device drivers are installed properly. In the windows control panel, any devices with a mark next to them means they aren't working. You can also try reseating the sound card and don't tighten the hold down screw. If the case alignment with the card is off slightly, sometimes it will lift the card out of the slot when you tighten the hold down screw just enough to prevent it from working. I use the lime green port for all speakers. Good luck.

windzstriker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010

Hi,

no red circle or slash mark...so assume I have ALL (either intended or unintended drivers) installed...

you were suspecting that the sound card have gone out of place ? but when I plug in and unplug the audio cable from the lime green jack of my sound card, the Realtek Manager does read it and shows popups notify me that I have either plug in or unplug my audio wires. Does this means we can eliminate this suspected cause ???

windzstriker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010
MY CPU HAVE SOUND NOW !!!!!

lol so excited

I was so blur to actually connect the audio cables together with the HDMI cables...I remove the audio cable and also uninstall the Realtek Audio Drivers...

SO this is what causes the conflict..........

Now my CPU is using the ATI HD Audio =D

a4a87245

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
From What I understand the newer ATI cards with HDMI output jacks basically have a built in Sound card that loads and configures the audio output of the computer to the HDMI port and will turn off the Motherboards integrated sound system i.e. Realtek. Try rebooting, go into Bios Setup and turn on board sound device 'ON' instead of auto. You should now get an option in your SYSTEM _ SOUND setup for either DIGITAL HDMI or Analog SPEAKERS. You will get great DIGITAL audio down your HDMI to your TV or to your Receiver OR speaker outputs (including headphones) from your PC. You will have to reselect the option youi want every time you change your audio target device.