V180 & Headsets

Last response: in Network Providers
March 26, 2005 5:53:45 PM

I've had two headsets (Jabra) that people always ask me to remove as they
say there is too much buzzing from the phone. A person told me that headsets
were a known problem with the V180. Any truth to that and does anyone have a
headset they use with the V180 they like?

More about : v180 headsets

March 26, 2005 6:06:27 PM

Per Dean S. Lautermilch?????:
>Any truth to that and does anyone have a
>headset they use with the V180 they like?

I've been using the wired one that came with it. Not great, I think, but
nobody's gone so far as to complain... yet.
--
PeteCresswell
Anonymous

I have a friend who uses a Jabra headset and the noise is very annoying.
That friend always complains about being sensitive to background noise when
talking to others, but apparently he's not concerned about noise on his end.
I've asked him to remove his junky Jabra headset several times without
compliance on his part. So now, i either don't answer his calls or cut the
conversation short. He's using a Sony Ericsson phone T610.

"Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³" <ftlbard@nospam.bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> I've had two headsets (Jabra) that people always ask me to remove as they
> say there is too much buzzing from the phone. A person told me that
> headsets were a known problem with the V180. Any truth to that and does
> anyone have a headset they use with the V180 they like?

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 4:09:30 AM

Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³ wrote:

> I've had two headsets (Jabra) that people always ask me to remove as they
> say there is too much buzzing from the phone. A person told me that
> headsets were a known problem with the V180. Any truth to that and does
> anyone have a headset they use with the V180 they like?

I have the headset that came with the phone, a generic over the ear set I
got at Target & a Jabra. The only problems I've had are that the two I
bought have a slight tinge of echo in what I hear & the Jabra is a little
more bass sounding. I've had no complaints from anyone I've talked to
while using any of the headsets.

Bill K
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 11:33:09 AM

Headsets that were designed to be used with a "cordless" phone do not always
perform as well, when used with a cellphone. This is due to the cellphone
radiating more radio frequency (RF) energy. Cell phone headsets have some
additional RF filtering.

!