C drive folders

sportdiver

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Hello,
I am looking for a screen shot or list of the folders showing after C drive is opened in 'my computer' ie. desktop
documents
my documents
etc.
I am using windows XP and somehow find two similar C drive lists. I want to delete one if it is a mirror to free up hard drive space. Thanks,
Kurt

sportdiver

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Thank you for the reply: while I appreciate your time and effort to help me, I really just need the information for which I have asked. In case I did not make my needs clear, I will try to restate them. On a clean install of Win XP I need a "print screen" or a listing of what appears on the screen after one opens "my computer" and again (after that is done) what appears after one clicks on the "C drive" Thanks for the help.
Kurt

sportdiver

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

Are you a (former) SCUBA diver also? Bubblehead?
Here's the deal: my wife's Dell PC is,I believe, messed up as far as saving items into folders is concerned. I am not even certain the registry is aligned properly. All I am sure of is that her "C" drive listing of items, when opened is different than mine (DELL laptop, both with XP). She has many folders (ie. 'My Documents') buried within the same titled folder with many of the same files. My idea is to sort through all the documents insuring they are, in fact, copies of other less buried documents, delete them and their folders thereby 'slimming down' her hard drive contents, reestablishing her former C Drive and My Computer lists of contents to the way I believe they were prior to our saving things in the wrong places. The biggest hurdle to all of this is my lack of knowledge regarding what I am doing!
Kurt