Foxconn (Bengal) RS780 Motherboard BIOS Update

Tags:
  • Foxconn
  • BIOS
  • Motherboards
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Motherboards
January 19, 2011 10:34:17 AM

I updated to windows 7 on a Gateway FX4200-EBF01A with Foxconn (Bengal) RS780 Motherboard the BIOS Update is for Vista and XP. Where can I find American MegaTrends 7B3P081G BIOS update for Windows 7??

More about : foxconn bengal rs780 motherboard bios update

February 5, 2011 3:04:10 AM

AMI doesn't update BIOS for boards used in Gateway PCs. THe 780 board is like beating a dead horse it is already doing everything it can do, The 785 is a much better choice so it will be a new board, memory and a processor. thanks
m
l
a c 108 V Motherboard
a b $ Windows 7
February 5, 2011 5:21:25 AM

If you change the motherboard, I hope you have the "retail" version of Windows 7. In this case, you can uninstall Win 7 from the old motherboard and then change out the motherboard and do a fresh install on Win 7 on the new motherboard which would be like a new and different computer.

This is not possible to do with the OEM version of Win 7 which is motherboard and CPU specific, and technically not transferable to a different motherboard. In this case you will have to call Microsoft and explain your situation, and depending upon their discretion, they may activate the license. No guarantees.
m
l
!