Sign in with
Your question

Bad bios flashing

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 7, 2010 10:43:27 AM

Hello,
I tried to flash my HD 2600 PRO to XT, something went wrong and now it doesn't post anymore. Just a blank screen on restart. Luckily i have an onboard card GeForce 6150SE, i booted with it, put atiflash and my original bios file to floppy but when i do "atiflash -i" it gives "No Adapter Found" so i can't flash it back.

I tried to reset my bios by removing the battery for 10 minutes, tried to update new bios file by Gigabyte's @Bios utility, still no luck.

here's my board http://bit.ly/bCauDc

Any help please?

More about : bad bios flashing

April 7, 2010 12:41:26 PM

What about getting into Windows while using the on-board as primary and trying winflash instead of atiflash? Does it even detect it?
m
l
April 7, 2010 1:00:36 PM

winflash never works for me, i run as administrator even changed compatible mod to xp and vista (i'm running win 7)
It just hangs my computer
m
l
Related resources
April 7, 2010 1:33:19 PM

I think you can automate the gfx bios update process by creating a bootable CD and putting Atiflash and the bios file on it so that Atiflash runs automatically. Then you can change M/B BIOS settings to boot to the CD-ROM drive and to the gfx card and make monitor connections accordingly.

Hope the above helps.

Regards
m
l
April 7, 2010 1:36:59 PM

suat said:
I think you can automate the gfx bios update process by creating a bootable CD and putting Atiflash and the bios file on it so that Atiflash runs automatically. Then you can change M/B BIOS settings to boot to the CD-ROM drive and to the gfx card and make monitor connections accordingly.

Hope the above helps.

Regards

The problem is atiflash doesn't find the adapter, will it find if i make it autoexec.bat file?
m
l
April 7, 2010 1:58:08 PM

It might, if you included -p 0 (location) and -f to force it... Just make sure the on-board is totally disabled.
m
l
April 7, 2010 2:13:51 PM

A diskette can also do if you can cram all the files in it including Atiflash and bios file. Just disable on-board gfx chip and shut down the PC. Connect the monitor to the gfx card, insert the diskette and start your PC. Make sure atiflash runs the bios file automatically. If you cannot make atiflash run automatically, maybe you can also blindly type in the name of the files. at the command prompt. Type in A: and then wait until the light of the diskette drive goes out and then type in Atiflash then the switches as advised by RazberyBandit and the name of bios file. You do not lose anything by trying.

Regards
m
l
April 7, 2010 2:33:33 PM

I just tried blind flashing, no luck.
m
l
April 7, 2010 2:36:14 PM

Does the system even POST with this card in it? If not, attempting a blind or automated flash isn't going to work.
m
l
April 7, 2010 2:56:26 PM

Nope, it doesn't post at all with my *dead* card.
m
l
April 7, 2010 3:00:27 PM

I dunno man... Any chance you've got a friend with a Crossfire board you could stick yours in the 2nd slot of, then have him get into Windows and see if Winflash will see it? Doesn't really have to have Crossfire, just an open-ended PCIe x1 or x4 slot.
m
l
April 7, 2010 3:08:51 PM

Thanks for your effort, i better try to call the tech service :x
m
l
!