Sign in with
Your question

Monitor goes to sleep mode instantly

Last response: in Windows XP
January 22, 2013 9:15:28 PM

i want to know the reason why my computer comes on fine it shows the start up logo but imediaetly goes into sleep mode and i acess anything because the screen is dark. please help me
January 23, 2013 3:00:24 AM

Could be a problem with the video driver. Have you tried booting into safe mode to see if you get the same problem (press F8 at startup and choose safe mode)? Try downloading the most recent driver or reinstalling the video driver if you can boot into safe mode. It could also be a problem with the video card.
m
l
January 24, 2013 9:17:42 PM

kenrivers said:
Could be a problem with the video driver. Have you tried booting into safe mode to see if you get the same problem (press F8 at startup and choose safe mode)? Try downloading the most recent driver or reinstalling the video driver if you can boot into safe mode. It could also be a problem with the video card.

i jus tried it but i cant see anything the computer does come on but i cant see anything
m
l
January 25, 2013 2:14:10 AM

gilharrysylvia said:
i jus tried it but i cant see anything the computer does come on but i cant see anything

Have you tested the monitor on another computer? Just trying to rule out the monitor as the problem. Is there another monitor you can borrow to see if it does the same thing? Trying to rule out the computer as the problem.
m
l
!