nagee

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
Please, show me how to to connect a wired Client/Server LAN to a WAN given that I have 4 computers and a printer to share? Give me every Steps involved from start to finish.

If I understand you correctly, it just sounds like you want provide Internet access to your existing LAN. At least, that's the WAN most ppl are referring to when dealing w/ home networks. So all you need is a router. And if you want wireless clients too, then you need a wireless router.

But perhaps I'm off base wrt your intentions. If so, you'll need to clarify.

nagee

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010

Thanks for the clarification. It's alright now. But please can give some steps on how to configure my router's address and how to configure my Wins 2003 Server? Oh1 and Proxy server too plaese. Thank you.

Brian_tii

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
How about something like this?

config t
int fa 0/0
ip address <your_ext_IP> <your_ext_mask>
exit
int fa 0/1
ip address <your_int_IP> <your_int_mask>
exit
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 <your_GW> perm
wr mem
exit

Internal hosts have to be configured to point at the router and with the correct IP / subnet mask.

Proxy? That's easy... squid... build it on your favorite linux distro, BSD, or Commercial UNIX. Download it from sourceforge, make sure you've got gcc and all installed, then tar -xvf, ./configure <options>, make, make install. Then just set it up how you want in /etc/squid/squid.conf (might be somewhere else depending on your install options).

Good luck with the homework!