Touch Table, but would like a Touch computer.

tubaloth

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
Is there any parts out there a person can buy to build there own Touch pad (some what like the ipad).

That probably is about the size I would like, but I would change more what is put into it (some basic netbook).

Really I wanted to build a Touch table, and expect for the Projector and some of special parts is pretty duo able. But I would think there are Touch table parts I can buy that might, in the end, cost lest then building a full Touch Table.

Anybody every try to build a Touch table?

Anybody seen any parts for some type of Touch pad?

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
Entered "Touch Table" into google web and image searches ... got "lots".

Yeah ... I would like to attach a (right and left) 5"x8" "touch-pod" to the arms of my Ergocraft Phantom edit chair ... for X10 home control ... remote lighting and automated "environmentals".

Decided to put that one on the back burner till more "off the shelf" commodities are available (both hw and sw).

= g'luck =

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
If your "menu screen" is basically static, then you might even be able to "hack" a sort of back-lit "light table" and use thermal or optical sensors.

I am also guessing you have seen those wicked cool portable/laser keyboard projector unit thingies ... projects a KB onto any surface ....

... Also might look at "Air Mouse" products and "presentation mouse" type products.

Fnally ... vox recognition might fill a gap or two. Have not reviewed the state of that art, recently.

= Al =

But can it play Crysis?

Alvin Smith

Distinguished

Well I posted that .... {snip .... ... snip-snip} ... and that post disappeared completely ... but no warnings or anything.

= I considered myself lucky ... it was like at 3am on a Saturday morning. =

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
And .. Tuba ...

You'll have to forgive (bad bad) Bob, for hijackin' your thread (bad, Bob!) ...

... But you see, Bob has been hangin' out, over in graphics, and he spent these last weeks tryin to SLI-FIRE A 480 with a 5970 so as he kin play CRYSIS in "Feel-a-Round(TM)"

... and ... maybe ... cause this whole thread is way OT for this forum anyway ... It's a PARTY!

= Too much espresso ? = gulllp!