Solved

Help with Memory selection

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade the memory on my work computer and I'm not sure which kind or how much I should get. here is my motherboard

Right now there is 1GB in the left most purple slot. Do I just need something to put in the other purple slot? If so, then what about the blue ones? Can they all be used together?

Thanks so much, I appreciate it!
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help memory selection
  1. Best answer
    You can maximum have 2GB either DDR2 the purple slot or DDR the blue slots. It is either or. If you already have 1GB in a purple slot then you need a 1GB stick of DDR2 ram to reach the max. Your board only supports DDR2 533MHz so one of these would do http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007611%20600006042%20600006096%20600006060&IsNodeId=1&name=1GB
  2. Thanks rolli59, is there any problem with buying say Kingston, and the one I have in there now is Adata?
  3. Kingston is a very reliable brand. I would go with them before some of the more "exotic" brands available.
  4. j_bejam said:
    Thanks rolli59, is there any problem with buying say Kingston, and the one I have in there now is Adata?

It is not a problem in most cases although it is recommended to match ram if possible.
  5. Best answer selected by j_bejam.
Ask a new question

Read More

Elitegroup Computer Motherboards Memory Product