Thermaltake or Antec?

carnedude

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
I am building a new rig soon and was planning on getting the Thermaltake Element V black edition but was recommended the Antec 1200.
The only reason I was going for the Thermaltake is because I am getting 2 gtx470's and will be running air cooling (Maybe someday water when I stop being noobish and can afford it) and the case was more friendly to these it seems? Also the Thermaltake is a tiny bit cheaper on newegg. Won't be building for about 2 weeks so no rush but this is my 1st build and really want to get the best. Thanks in advance!

Solution
D
The Antec also has 2 optional 120mm fans. 1 on the side and 1 internal inline with one of the front intake fans. You can change where it goes depending on HD configuration. I have all 7 x 120mm in mine as well as the top 200mm then a 140mm on the PSU a 120mm on the CPU cooler and a dual slot video card. Needless to say airflow is amazing.
The Thermaltake is longer and wider. This will require the air to travel farther through the case. However, there should be a little more length for the video cards.

The Antec has more intake fans in the front to pull in cool air, more exhaust fans in the back to push out the warm air, the same 200mm top fan, but no side fan.

The Antec is actually cheaper, because it has free shipping. The Thermaltake is $179.98 including shipping. The Antec has free shipping, and costs $169.99.

My choice, between those 2, would be the Antec, hands down.

However, I would recommend the HAF 932 over both of them. Since you are thinking of water cooling in the future, the HAF 932 has a liquid cooling filling port easily accessible. I can tell you from personal experience, that the fans are whisper quiet. Plus, it's cheaper than both that you are looking at.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119160&cm_re=coolermaster_haf_932-_-11-119-160-_-Product

carnedude

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
K quick question are you running stock fans and will this case be enough to keep my cards cool under a moderate OC? If i go with the Element I will be getting the optional 50mm fans for the rear VGA spots and maybe the extra 200mm up top too. My biggest concern is keeping everything cool. Noise, and cost isn't really a issue.

D

Deleted member 217926

The Antec also has 2 optional 120mm fans. 1 on the side and 1 internal inline with one of the front intake fans. You can change where it goes depending on HD configuration. I have all 7 x 120mm in mine as well as the top 200mm then a 140mm on the PSU a 120mm on the CPU cooler and a dual slot video card. Needless to say airflow is amazing.

Solution