Sandisk Extreme or Samsung 830?

G

Sorry if there is already a post comparing the two, I was unable to find it.

But I am in the middle of piecing together my first gaming/graphic design build and I was wondering which one was the better SSD.

I was originally going with the Samsung 830, because I heard it was great, but I always heard the Sandisk was good also and it just went on sale today on newegg. And that would save a nice chunk of change.

Thanks for the help!

bucknutty

Distinguished
I have a sandisk extreme 120gb. I got it on sale for like $99. It works pretty well and sandisk seems to be trying to support it. I was worried at first because there was no info on thier site about it, but now they have a simple SSD health and firmware update tool. You can run the tool in windows and check that the drive has the newest firmware as well as how many hours its been running how many errors and so on.

I dont have any experience with the samsung. You might want to see if either of these 2 models are in the "best SSD fro money" article that toms does each month.

G

Great thanks for the help both of ya. So far newegg has come through on sales and has been putting every item I need on sale :p

Dandy007

Honorable
May 12, 2012
Hi, First I have x2 Laptops...1) TOSHIBA QOSMIO X770-11C,Intel Core i7 2720QM @ 2.20GHz-Sandy Bridge 32nm Tech,8.00 GB RAM,NVIDA GeForce 560M-1.5Gb (GDDR5) x2 Drive Bays..Which already A "Crucial M4 256Gb" in it! My 2nd laptop..is ASUS K42JK,Intel Core i5 @ 2.27Ghz,8GB RAM,ATI HD 5145-1Gb...& Will be Receiving my SanDisk Extreme 240Gb in the morning...As My TOSH is my "FIRST" priority for performance/Reliabilty, WILL I be BEST off keeping this SSD in My TOSH or Using The New "SanDisk" & Placing the "Crucial M4" into my ASUS??? Please some Recommend the best SSD for which? Many Thanks in advance for any help.. :)