Sign in with
Your question

Internal Speaker connection to motherboard

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
May 5, 2010 10:59:32 PM

I am building my first computer and I am confused with the internal speaker. It is a tiny little speaker with a couple of wires leading to a 4-hole plug. The 2 wires go to the outside hole connections. The spot on my Intel DH55HC motherboard has 2 pins. How does my 4- hole internal speaker plug connect to the 2 pins on the motherboard?
a b B Homebuilt system
May 6, 2010 12:06:03 AM

Are two of the females blocked off?
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 234 V Motherboard
May 6, 2010 1:01:37 AM

Your motherboard doesn't support an Internal Mini-PC, as you purchased. The motherboard has a built-in speaker near the PCI-e slot, which provides your error codes if there are any boot issues.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
May 6, 2010 11:40:46 AM

jack_attack said:
Are two of the females blocked off?

Thank you for responding. The two in the middle look like they are empty. The two holes on the outside hold the red and black wires.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
May 6, 2010 11:44:50 AM

tecmo34 said:
Your motherboard doesn't support an Internal Mini-PC, as you purchased. The motherboard has a built-in speaker near the PCI-e slot, which provides your error codes if there are any boot issues.

Thank you for responding! Then I will just put this little speaker in the extra part category. I didn't purchase it though, it just was included, I believe, with the screws in the case.
!